2015 Europeans Short Dance Jan 28 | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2015 Europeans Short Dance Jan 28

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Guys, you asked what is the SD of Zhiganshina/Gazsi about. I found the answer! (hopefully nobody posted it before:eek::)

Nelli told in the interview: We try to tell a story of everyday life, maybe in a Spanish village. A woman is working, doing the laundry and her macho husband or boyfriend comes to her. A little fight in the beginning, because she is tired but on the other hand, the man is there, so she is changing her mind... Big emotions at the end.

Mentalopes

Rinkside
Guys, you asked what is the SD of Zhiganshina/Gazsi about. I found the answer! (hopefully nobody posted it before:eek::)

Nelli told in the interview: We try to tell a story of everyday life, maybe in a Spanish village. A woman is working, doing the laundry and her macho husband or boyfriend comes to her. A little fight in the beginning, because she is tired but on the other hand, the man is there, so she is changing her mind... Big emotions at the end.

As spanish, I feel embarrassment with that program and the meaning. And don't start me with matador's outfits.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I have mixed feelings on Zhiganshina/Gazsi's SD. On one hand, I applaud them for standing out and doing something different--welcome at the end of so many paso's. On the other hand, when the theme is paso, shouldn't skaters try to, y'know, skate to a paso?

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
As spanish, I feel embarrassment with that program and the meaning.

I would probably feel embarrassed if somebody will pretend drinking vodka and stealing, at the same time saying that it's Polish folk dance :p But they are just having fun of stereotypes connected to Mediterranean culture in eyes of non-Mediterranean people. I really don't think it's harmful - rather amusing and good to create a story :)

TMC

Record Breaker
Oh...cause that was so clearly communicated lol. It's not like we needed a programme or a translation to get that.

Hey, it was just my silly interpretation of their program, not meant to be an explanation of what they intended exactly. As if anyone knows but they themselves :confused:

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I have mixed feelings on Zhiganshina/Gazsi's SD. On one hand, I applaud them for standing out and doing something different--welcome at the end of so many paso's. On the other hand, when the theme is paso, shouldn't skaters try to, y'know, skate to a paso?

:laugh: Yup, I feel the same about their program :)

TarAncalime

On the Ice
Well, you have a point. I see the storytelling of Z/G not necessarily in the 21st century, but rather from a film or something ;-)

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight

That was the first thing I thought, when I saw this dance way back in the beginning of the season, but I somehow think it still needs some refinement? The costumes don't bother me much but something is still a bit off there. Anyway, I love Nelli and Alex and their always different approach :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I have to say this for emphasis, what an extremely untrue, rude and unprofessional comment coming from him. His camp is clearly unglued by the progress of I/Z. He should never be asked to serve in such a capacity again. Ruslan was exceptional tonight, you can review that dance endlessly. P/C were lucky that I/Z skated early, that's the only reason IMHO, that I/Z are second. Actually C/L should be further behind.

Not the whole camp. Tanith Belbin is also a coach at Canton and she's never made such comments, neither has Scali.

tulosai

Record Breaker
That was the first thing I thought, when I saw this dance way back in the beginning of the season, but I somehow think it still needs some refinement? The costumes don't bother me much but something is still a bit off there. Anyway, I love Nelli and Alex and their always different approach :)

I love them too, I don't care what anyone says. For pure viewing pleasure, they are definitely one of my top 10 favorite dance teams of all time, maybe even top 5.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

Lester, Welcome to Golden Skate! Post long and often :)

I love Nelli and Alex. They are so original, never boring! May they skate their FD perfectly.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Not the whole camp. Tanith Belbin is also a coach at Canton and she's never made such comments, neither has Scali.

I know that is what is so disappointing. Some of them just strike me as being unnecessarily combative. This is sport not war. The guys delivered, give them their due and pull up your socks. Simple.

beabstress

On the Ice
I know that is what is so disappointing. Some of them just strike me as being unnecessarily combative. This is sport not war. The guys delivered, give them their due and pull up your socks. Simple.

Yes. I think the big difference between Elena and Nikita is that Elena (as many have said) is a diva, while Nikita has a sense of entitlement. BIG difference. When Elena skates her best, she probably expects to win because she knows that HER best is often going to be THE best. Yet I don't think she'd be crying foul or putting down her competitors if she doesn't put out a good performance on a given day and gets beaten. I sense something entirely different with Nikita. I think he's got some of the old 6.0 mindset, where the team that is regarded as "the best" wins the competition. He might think he should get the gold medal for being "the best." Except he's not "the best"--at least not right now. If his coaching team is putting down I/Z (and any of S/K's other competitors for that matter), they might have some of that mindset, too. Whatever the reason, snarking about your students' competition isn't too classy. Bad form!

KKonas

Medalist
Just watched Euros SD. Much as I like the French team P/C, I thought that Russia's I&Z were much faster and overall gave a better presentation today and would have had them first but haven't yet seen the protocols. I am still surprised at how quickly I&Z gelled as a team. They will definitely challenge for the podium at Worlds.

uhh

Medalist

Not to the press, but he was going off on a rant when I walked past him after the SD on Wednesday. ;)