2015 Worlds Ladies Short Program March 26 | Page 119 | Golden Skate

2015 Worlds Ladies Short Program March 26

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
That's not a very fun prediction considering your name;) I thought my video actually showed Satoko's jumps improved a bit from the 4CC. Plus she has improved a lot from the 2012-13 season where she would get 3z<-3t< with an e :eek:

Lets wait until Yulia comes back before we count her out. Remember Liza last year was stinking it up. No need to pile on skaters when they struggle. There is a difference between losing your jumps and having a rough season. A little optimism can be quite fun too ;)

:agree:

Growing up is hard to do, but having a whole lotta skating 'fans' looking to toss a skater out with yesterday's newspapers at the first sign of trouble isn't going to help. And who doesn't love a comeback story?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I actually feel very sorry for Gracie. She seems to be trapped in a cycle of "oh my god I MUST do better" and then becomes so desperate to do better that she overdoes it and falls apart, and then is back to the "oh my god I MUST do better". Probably not helping is that Frank does not seem like the world's most supportive coach ("Denis will do better for you"? REALLY?), and then things happen like that quote and she gets attacked by plenty of people. I do think, reading that quote, she probably misheard Liza's score as 67.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Or an Ikea ball pit. There isn't too many things that couldn't be improved by an Ikea ball pit. Like waiting in line at the dmv.

thats a great idea. people would be less cranky, so the clerks doing their job would be a better mood too!

. . . actually installing some treadmills and stationary bikes at the DMV would likely work too. Give people something to do while they wait so they don't go so crazy!

I am all for adult ball pits though, that really is something the world needs.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Growing up is hard to do, but having a whole lotta skating 'fans' looking to toss a skater out with yesterday's newspapers at the first sign of trouble isn't going to help. And who doesn't love a comeback story?

I'd like to see Yulia overcome this, but the difference between her and Liza is that Liza had solid, perfect jumps before her growth spurt.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd like to see Yulia overcome this, but the difference between her and Liza is that Liza had solid, perfect jumps before her growth spurt.

Lets not go off topic here but both ladies faced troubles at sixteen albeit from different sources. Stress is stress.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I actually feel very sorry for Gracie. She seems to be trapped in a cycle of "oh my god I MUST do better" and then becomes so desperate to do better that she overdoes it and falls apart, and then is back to the "oh my god I MUST do better". Probably not helping is that Frank does not seem like the world's most supportive coach ("Denis will do better for you"? REALLY?), and then things happen like that quote and she gets attacked by plenty of people. I do think, reading that quote, she probably misheard Liza's score as 67.

I chalk it up to sometimes you just have a bad season. It happens to all really good and talented athletes. It doesn't negate their talent or ability.

Thankfully, each skater has their fan that will stand by them no matter what, just like those folks who stand by their favorite football/baseball teams.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I chalk it up to sometimes you just have a bad season. It happens to all really good and talented athletes. It doesn't negate their talent or ability.

Thankfully, each skater has their fan that will stand by them no matter what, just like those folks who stand by their favorite football/baseball teams.

I was a Yankees fan during the Don Mattingly years, so I know exactly what you mean. Of course I was born in da Bronx, so I am contractually obligated to be a Bronx Bombers fan~but that doesn't negate my point. ;)

One thing to keep in mind. Well maybe two. Large movements in placements can and often do take place after long programs. And the scores are close enough that hitting or missing one or two elements can make a huge difference. It ain't over til it's over.

Of course it ain't over even after it's over, because that's when the kvetching starts. But that doesn't negate my point neither! :)

ks777

Record Breaker
Tada, you finally admit it huh.
And Mao always got called, while Satoko not. :rofl:
I'd say Shin Amano is not consistent. Why he called Mao's jumps, but not Satoko????? :laugh2:
huh? Mao didn't get called on pre rotations rather she got called on underrotation. She came down short.
I went to Sam's jump whatever thread and saw all the girls are pre-rotating a half turn at least. So I don't know why you are so harsh on just Satoko.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
huh? Mao didn't get called on pre rotations rather she got called on underrotation. She came down short.
I went to Sam's jump whatever thread and saw all the girls are pre-rotating a half turn at least. So I don't know why you are so harsh on just Satoko.

While I will agree that Satoko's 3f was better this time around her 3f at 4cc in the SP has pretty much an entire rotation done while on the ice(both pre and under rotated) I'd love to make a video showing anyone else whose jumps look on the same level. Please suggest them and I'll get to work.

I think the truth is that the angle can make a huge difference to the tech panel and for us fans too and how a jump is perceived. So there is always that.

Last edited:

ks777

Record Breaker
While I will agree that Satoko's 3f was better this time around her 3f at 4cc in the SP has pretty much an entire rotation done while on the ice. I'd love to make a video showing anyone else whose jumps look on the same level. Please suggest them and I'll get to work.
It is impossible to do jumps without pre-rotation.

I am still waiting on the proof that the Japan skating feds rigged the results.

Last edited:

ks777

Record Breaker
Tada, you finally admit it huh.
And Mao always got called, while Satoko not. :rofl:
I'd say Shin Amano is not consistent. Why he called Mao's jumps, but not Satoko????? :laugh2:

Just so you know, I never said she doesn't pre-rotate her jumps. You said it was rigged by the JSF because her jumps didn't get underrotation calls. I said prove it.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Just so you know, I never said she doesn't pre-rotate her jumps. You said it was rigged by the JSF because her jumps didn't get underrotation calls. I said prove it.
When you always pre rotate almost the whole first revolution on toe pick and still gets called triple, not double... From competition to competition... People have the right to doubt the credibility of your TES.

And seriously the video and the frame by frame have showed it all (and not just from one competition). Satoko pre rotates more than 3/4 on her toe pick, does that even count as triple anymore??? In my book: NO. And many people here also don't agree with her TES.

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
While I will agree that Satoko's 3f was better this time around her 3f at 4cc in the SP has pretty much an entire rotation done while on the ice(both pre and under rotated) I'd love to make a video showing anyone else whose jumps look on the same level. Please suggest them and I'll get to work.

I think the truth is that the angle can make a huge difference to the tech panel and for us fans too and how a jump is perceived. So there is always that.

Aye the camera can be a notorious liar, something anyone who has ever done online dating learns after the first few meet and greets. ;)

jkun

Final Flight
Flip is definitely UR! Like my prediction on Yulia before, Satoko will lose her triples next year if she can't take care the UR and Pre-rotation problems. This is basic in Physics

Haha. I also view her jumps as impossible by the laws of physics. Yulia's jumps were actually pretty high compared to Satoko's.

ks777

Record Breaker
When you always pre rotate almost the whole first revolution on toe pick and still gets called triple, not double... From competition to competition... People have the right to doubt the credibility of your TES.

And seriously the video and the frame by frame have showed it all (and not just from one competition). Satoko pre rotates more than 3/4 on her toe pick, does that even count as triple anymore??? In my book: NO. And many people here also don't agree with her TES.

The problem is you didn't just speculate the JSF's involvements. You accused the JSF for rigging. There is a big difference.

Last edited: