2016 JGP Yokohama Ladies SP | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Yokohama Ladies SP

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Highest PCS of the day for Sofia! I hope she skates well in the free and medal overall.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I love this crowd! It's so supportive of all the skaters!

Japanese crowds always are. That's why I love watching competitions from there. And why I wish they had more International competitions.

Like, how is it that Japan does not have a Senior B?! :confused: There should be at least one Senior B held in Japan every year! :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

sneakers

Match Penalty
too low for Sofia ??? :furious:
I think she got called on her lutz ?

still she has the best skating skills, presentation and speed.

- - - Updated - - -

wow, only fourth place???? she was WAY better than Alisa and Mako. What the heck....

yep, her skating skills and speed alone were unmatched.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Sofia got the highest PCS. But TES is low. Like she has invalid element or something. Kazakh lady is adorable :)

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
But Mako's underrotations on her combo were not called(at least judging by her score) while both Alisa and Sofia were punished to the max... Sad

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Not sure if I agree with Sofia's PCS. Blowing air kisses and whispering (or hushing?) notions aren't exactly what I think of first about Send In The Clowns...but okay judges, you do you :eek:hwell:

sneakers

Match Penalty
But Mako's underrotations on her combo were not called(at least judging by her score) while both Alisa and Sofia were punished to the max... Sad

well lets jut say they'll make russian won win in JGP Yokohama same as japanese wont win in JGP Saransk. :noshake:

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
Her skating is very smooth and pleasant indeed, but she needs to work on the tech.

I thought her jumps were solid. Her skating skills I would even put above the average Medvedeva. She skates with soul and passion, you can see it, feel it. Her skating is the only one that moved me tonight. Just my observation, but she was definitely the best skater at Yokohama. I'd put her first, Marin would be second, Alisa third.

sneakers

Match Penalty
I thought her jumps were solid. Her skating skills I would even put above the average Medvedeva. She skates with soul and passion, you can see it, feel it. Her skating is the only one that moved me tonight. Just my observation, but she was definitely the best skater at Yokohama. I'd put her first, Marin would be second, Alisa third.

Samodurova has the best skating skills. hands down !!!

frida80

Record Breaker
Japanese crowds always are. That's why I love watching competitions from there. And why I wish they had more International competitions.

Like, how is it that Japan does not have a Senior B?! :confused: There should be at least one Senior B held in Japan every year! :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

I agree! It's sad to see low attendence or a clearly biased crowd. Japan needs a Senior B.

frida80

Record Breaker
All done! Off to bed until Lombardia trophy! May miss the first group, so good luck Wakaba!

:bed:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Need to see protocols. I wonder what beside the edge was wrong with Sofia skating...

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I don't think Sofia S. has the best SS in the field today. Her turns sometimes wobbled although her overall SS was excellent and way better than Medvedeva's SS. As comparing with her last season's programs, I think she would rather skate well to a more dynamic and upbeat music. She reminds me somewhat Leonova.