2018 Europeans TV and Livestream | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Europeans TV and Livestream

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Wakababy may not have got going to the Olympics, but she should be proud of coming up with this! It was a very clever analogy. :agree:

CaroLiza_fan
Awright, I'm just gonna come out and admit it: I thought it was something Hannibal Lecter would think. :drama: The Olympic cycle never crossed my (admittedly still somewhat flu-affected) brain. Very clever, indeed.

I love my Eurosport Player subscription. I watch it on the big telly, via the dedicated AppleTV App (so you don't need to stream from the smartphone or laptop). And sometimes when I'm lazy I'll just watch a bit on the laptop or iphone.
Those 30 euros were well worth it, especially since I'm also increasingly getting the feeling that the Olympics livestreams may be included in the annual subscription, too. After all, if they aren't, shouldn't those guys have told us by now?

Miller

Final Flight
Thank you again, CaroLiza_fan! :thank: This makes me think the player will be very much worth the price (if I can find an undisturbed spot at work to watch skating while I reconciliate accounts...).

The world feeds are also kept on the Player for about a week or so, along with actual TV programmes, so you can watch them at your leisure afterwards. Very useful for GP events from North America where skating takes place in the middle of the night European time, also Asian events in the morning/early afternoon over there - Eurosport doesn't broadcast in the middle of the night, except for things like the Aussie Open Tennis... and US Open evening sessions.

Miller

Final Flight
Update on 4 Continents/European situation.

Will be Ladies free live from 4 Continents on Friday 26th, plus Pairs Free highlights. Also Mens free highlights Sat 27th. In summary will be Ladies short, Mens short and Ladies free live, but am sure won't be all skaters, probably 2 final groups. All at 8.45 a.m. GMT/9.45 a.m. CET. Everything else 1 hour or so highlights, but of course in early hours of the morning European time, plus wasn't really expecting anything at all given what's happening with Europeans.

No progress at all on Europeans, plus 'winter sports' on Sat 27th/Sun 28th have now become 'Destination Pyeongchang' magazine programmes i.e. not likely to be even highlights programmes, though there is something at 2 a.m. and 3 a.m. the following Tuesday night/Wednesday morning - I kid you not. Think will scream if turns out to be the missing highlights. N.B. Don't get too carried away in UK/Ireland re highlights on Thurs/Fri. My TV guide says Masters snooker is best of 11 frames and will be very difficult to get in in the allotted 3 hours. It's quite possible there will be absolutely zero Europeans if the highlights programmes are 'eaten into' by the live Snooker, plus no signs of one of their 2 hour recap programmes either. However there will be 4 Continents the following week to hopefully make up for things a bit.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The world feeds are also kept on the Player for about a week or so, along with actual TV programmes, so you can watch them at your leisure afterwards. Very useful for GP events from North America where skating takes place in the middle of the night European time, also Asian events in the morning/early afternoon over there - Eurosport doesn't broadcast in the middle of the night, except for things like the Aussie Open Tennis... and US Open evening sessions.

Actually, the World Feeds are back to being kept in the archives for 30 days after first broadcast. It is just the things that were shown on Eurosport 1 and Eurosport 2 that are only up for 7 days.

Which makes you wonder how long the coverage with commentary that is being bumped off the TV onto the Player will be up for. Will they be archived for just 7 days like they will be on the continent? Or will they be archived for 30 days because they were just shown on the Player in British Eurosportland?

Answers on a postcard to...

CaroLiza_fan

npavel

On the Ice
Actually, the World Feeds are back to being kept in the archives for 30 days after first broadcast. It is just the things that were shown on Eurosport 1 and Eurosport 2 that are only up for 7 days.

Which makes you wonder how long the coverage with commentary that is being bumped off the TV onto the Player will be up for. Will they be archived for just 7 days like they will be on the continent? Or will they be archived for 30 days because they were just shown on the Player in British Eurosportland?

Answers on a postcard to...

CaroLiza_fan

Eurosport showed all of the GP live. When listed in the country, it was commented, but you could choose to take the not commented version and skip all the publicity,

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
German station ONE will show parts of Europeans as well. (Commentator is Daniel Weiss, so be ready for loads of talking) Here is a link to the stream.

Thursday, 18th of January 2018
16:30 - 20:15 Pairs Short and Long

Friday, 19th of January
18:00 - 20:15 Men's Long

Saturday, 20th of January
12:00 - 15:00 Ice Dance, Free

Sunday, 21st of January
13:00 - 15:30 Ladies' Long and Gala

All times are CET.

Tutto

Record Breaker
I have contacted Eurosport.co.uk (via inquiry form on the website) and to my surprise received 3 replies: acknowledgement, actual reply with apology and a promise to look into further, and an invite to take part in survey of customer care. I wrote again detailing my complaint. Maybe everyone should do the same the more complaints they receive the more likely we are to be heard!

viennaskater

Medalist
Personally, I do find it is worth subscribing. I like seeing the lesser known skaters that go early, and with Eurosport having so many sports rights, they physically can't fit everything into just two channels.

Eurosport 1 and Eurosport 2 are actually included on the Player. So, if you don't mind watching on a computer or mobile, the subscription gets you everything.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Must say, at EUR 5 per month, the subscription is worth it!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Must say, at EUR 5 per month, the subscription is worth it!
If you also like watching other sports, like more during the summer months, they may have an even better subscription: an annual pass for 29.99 euros, so only 2.50 (!) per month. I say may, because I don't know if it's available in every country, but that offer has been available in the Netherlands for at least half a year now.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Icenetwork Page says IN will provide live and archived coverage. No schedule yet.
http://web.icenetwork.com/schedule/2018/01/2018_euro_fs_champs

IceNetwork schedule all times Eastern:

1/17/2018 3:45am Men's Short Program

1/17/2018 11:00am Pairs Short Program

1/18/2018 4:23am Ladies Short Program

1/18/2018 10:55am Pairs Free Skate

1/19/2018 4:10am Short Dance

1/19/2018 9:45am Men's Free Skate

1/20/2018 5:40am Free Dance

1/20/2018 10:30am Ladies Free Skate

LisaS

On the Ice
I just checked CBC website, and it doesn't appear they are broadcasting Europeans, which is suprising to me. Does anyone know where a Canadian can see the competition?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
If you also like watching other sports, like more during the summer months, they may have an even better subscription: an annual pass for 29.99 euros, so only 2.50 (!) per month. I say may, because I don't know if it's available in every country, but that offer has been available in the Netherlands for at least half a year now.

They do sometimes change the options to tie in with certain things (Bundesliga season starting, tennis, etc.), but generally speaking it is the same.

Although, one thing I don't like is that the numbers are the same regardless of whether we are talking in Euros or Pounds. They don't adjust the prices for exchange rates.

So the standard options are:

• 4.99 for an automatic renewal 1 month subscription (minimum term 12 months)
  • 6.99 for an automatic renewal 1 month subscription (no minimum term)
  • 29.99 for an automatic renewal 1 year subscription

As Winnie says, the 1 year subscription is great value. I originally signed up on the 4.99 option, but then cancelled it a few months ago after 2 years to get onto the 29.99 option. And unless something drastic changes, I'll be sticking to it.

CaroLiza_fan

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I took out an annual subscription on the Eurosport Player, very good value at €29.99 for the year. The only problem is that I now can’t access anything on it, it keeps telling me to purchase a subscription, just sent an email to their support team. Hopefully they will resolve it for me.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

supsu

On the Ice

Oh wow! That would be a good deal! Here in Finland the season pass is 70 euros. So definitely not in my budget for sports tv. The monthly payment would be 7 euros. Luckily the national broadcasters shows all bigger figure skating competitions.