2018 US Championships Sr. Ladies SP | Page 71 | Golden Skate

2018 US Championships Sr. Ladies SP

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I don't really trust Google translate in this case. Headline: "Hunted Horses Are Shot, Are Not They?"

"No one will throw a stone in the Mirai Nagasu garden."

"The new hope of the American women's football club soberly judged that on the way to success, first of all it is necessary to start from the technique and then it is not necessary to ride like Caroline Costner."

" It turns out that the boat is a real find if it floats along the trajectory of Miner, and not only Brown is able to jump the twine."

"Everyone understands that someone in a stale alcoholic, unshaven, without a private stylist and out of turn, can not claim such sweet pieces as OI, FM, KChM."

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
“Greenhouses burnt to the ground after seemingly normal rentals!!!”

That was one from my memory a few years ago :biggrin:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey we got a mention!!!! " I had a complaint against his CP. Home - more than 80% of the time he rolled on two blades. At GOLDENSKATE they did not understand me. They were worried about the lack of rhinestones and the pajama look of the costume. Grooming under the gopnik became the cause of mass hysteria."

MASS HYSTERIA!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

russianfan

Match Penalty
I don't really trust Google translate in this case. Headline: "Hunted Horses Are Shot, Are Not They?"

"The new hope of the American women's football club soberly judged that on the way to success, first of all it is necessary to start from the technique and then it is not necessary to ride like Caroline Costner."

" It turns out that the boat is a real find if it floats along the trajectory of Miner, and not only Brown is able to jump the twine."

"Everyone understands that someone in a stale alcoholic, unshaven, without a private stylist and out of turn, can not claim such sweet pieces as OI, FM, KChM."

There were plenty of very critical articles about US Nationals(especially ladies of course), i would say people were quite shocked to see such low level of skating after what they've seen at Russian/Japanese Nationals (but one should understand that those bloggers are mostly always critical towards everyone, russians included).

Believe me, some of the skates were full of torment: skaters were physically tortured, the viewer - morally.

There was not a single clean skate! Moreover, on the average, skaters had not less than three failed jumps(or jumps with serious mistakes)!

But nice discovery for me from these blogs are Gracie's tweets :) Didn't know she has such a good sense of humour, actually it's hard to believe that a person who can be so self-critical in a funny way suffers from depression. (few more - 1, 2, 3).

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

It sounds very poetic, though I haven't the least idea what any of it means.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Hey we got a mention!!!! " I had a complaint against his CP. Home - more than 80% of the time he rolled on two blades. At GOLDENSKATE they did not understand me. They were worried about the lack of rhinestones and the pajama look of the costume. Grooming under the gopnik became the cause of mass hysteria."

MASS HYSTERIA!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
who was that saying that?

klutzy

On the Ice
It sounds very poetic, though I haven't the least idea what any of it means.

"Hunted Horses are Shot, Are Not They" looks to be how the film name "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?" was translated. In the film "horses" is the term used for marathon dancers.