2019 Canadian Nationals Senior Women Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2019 Canadian Nationals Senior Women Short Program

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
I think I know what she was trying to say, but the female announcer saying all this about how Gabby needs to control her emotions and breathe to control her level of arousal (???) was incredibly awkward. :confused:

I know! Controlling "her arousal level" was one of the top ten weirdest things I've heard a figure skating commentator say. Like...that's the best phrase you came up with to say "calm herself down?"

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Oh for a second there I hoped Gabby had changed her music. But no.

I love Gabby, but I also wish she hadn't reused her SP, especially after keeping her Free for the two previous seasons. I want new programs!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I love Gabby, but I also wish she hadn't reused her SP, especially after keeping her Free for the two previous seasons. I want new programs!

Well, she had a new FS for the Olympic season, but ended up switching back because it wasn't working for her. And her FS this year is new.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland

As much as I also want to see two new programs I think sticking with one she's comfortable with considering her break from competition/training is the smart move.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Great job Gabby and Larkyn! Alaine :sad4: well she fought! Here's hoping she goes out tomorrow and brings the house down in the free.

Also I get why Tracy's use of "arousal" would throw some people but I've heard it used that way before in psychology/PTSD context so it didn't really bother me.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Also I get why Tracy's use of "arousal" would throw some people but I've heard it used that way before in psychology/PTSD context so it didn't really bother me.

Well so have I but it's still not the phrase I personally would have reached for in this particular instance. :laugh:

pearly

Record Breaker

Considering everything I'm totally ok with her keeping a program, but wish she changed the music no the one with no vocals/different vocals. Not this.