2019 Four Continents Ladies Short Program | Page 36 | Golden Skate

2019 Four Continents Ladies Short Program

readernick

Medalist
Great SP! I love Japanese skaters so much! The US ladies really brought it! And, Eunsoo was beautiful!

P44

On the Ice
The scores are pretty tight. We can not predict anything for the FS, I can not wait.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mai is the definition for me of a skater in search of a unique style. She's got all the tech, etc. to be a star, but she's missing the je ne sais quoi.

That was what I thought with Rika's performance tonight.

The error on the axel cleared my mend and let me concentrate on the rest of the program. I wasn't impressed. Tech is fine - but I didn't see a whole lot else to make me care about that performance. Kaori was fantastic. I missed Bradie, but it must have been very special to beat that.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Maybe in your opinion but not according to the ISU rule book.

Oh, really!
https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/...96-program-component-chart-id-sp-2018-19/file
So, the definition is: 'Involvement of the Skater/Pair/Couple physically, emotionally and intellectually as they deliver the intent of the music and composition'. Physical involvement is even mentioned first in PE criterias! The intent of every composition/balanced program is to deliver at least 2A, and Rika missed that. Because of those kind of mistakes there is also further recomendation - that for biger technical mistakes judges deduct (or not reward skaters) in PE score!

frida80

Record Breaker
Shame about the two-foot... I feel guilty in that while Mihara Mai's good qualities are 100% registered I never feel much from her skating. It's just, 'she's good', period. And I remember her as the potato queen...

I desperately need to catch some winks before the men or I'll be fired at work today (yes I have work today), I'm going to be dreaming about squirtle being perfect in her free and stepping one place up from where she currently is (but I can't say I can complain with the current top 3 though)

You're super dedicated to watch the entire ladies event just to have to watch men's a few hours later. Hopefully when Jun delivers, it will give you all the energy you need to get through the day!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i call it a night (it's 00:45 here) good night everyone, see you tomorrow;)

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
PCS is based on reputation. She need to start winning things. Nationals, Grand Prix Medals even a medal here would boost her scores.

I know you’re not wrong, but the first sentence is one of the most irritating things about this sport.

Again, to be clear, I’m not disagreeing with ya.

Skatingcat

Final Flight
8th? I'm not objecting, but other than the double footed jump, what else was wrong?

Also, I adore the Japanese skaters but they all dance to soft music. I would love to see them have more powerful music, but I suppose lyrical music is more popular with Japanese audiences.

Congrats to Bradie and Mariah. It's nice to see the US women bring it. It was a great last group.

readernick

Medalist
That was what I thought with Rika's performance tonight.

The error on the axel cleared my mend and let me concentrate on the rest of the program. I wasn't impressed. Tech is fine - but I didn't see a whole lot else to make me care about that performance. Kaori was fantastic. I missed Bradie, but it must have been very special to beat that.

Rika was not at her best.She is injured. This program only works when Rika sells it with her love of skating and lightness across the ice. But, the lp is much better. It suits her. I love Tom Dickson for programs. David Wilson not as much.

P44

On the Ice
8th? I'm not objecting, but other than the double footed jump, what else was wrong?

Also, I adore the Japanese skaters but they all dance to soft music. I would love to see them have more powerful music, but I suppose lyrical music is more popular with Japanese audiences.

Congrats to Bradie and Mariah. It's nice to see the US women bring it. It was a great last group.

We all need Wakaba Higuchi :sarcasm:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Satoko isn’t here, they gotta take it out on at least one of the Japanese ladies. :laugh:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Oh Mai...well, I'll fight you all about her not having a style...it's just not a style everyone can like. Super understated. :cool:
But...the ur got her today and I'm sad.

Kaori made me happy. I feel the judges are not giving her credit for her max GOE jumps. --They have everything and more.
I loved Kaori's reaction to her scores...sooo unimpressed. She expects and deserves more points. :laugh: