2021 JGP Ljubljana: Women's Free Skate | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2021 JGP Ljubljana: Women's Free Skate

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
That 4S was really impressive! However, I found her over-use of Rippon arms off-putting. She needs to work on her performance and presentation as well. That was a terrible version of the piece. :(

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Not a fan of her skating - but at least the American junior girls are being coached on SS nowadays. There was an entire phase where some skaters' crossovers got no speed.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Wow! That was a lovely skate from Lindsay! Congratulations to her on landing the 3A and standing up on it, even if it wasn't perfect. The rest of her jumps are so solid and clean, so I'm sure she'll get the 3A soon enough. Her final spin was so fierce, really fast, beautiful flexibility, and timed so well with the music, it was really exciting.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Lindsay is a really solid skater - great jumps and spins, and good skating skills - but I just don't feel anything when she skates. She shows virtually no emotion at all. I also do not like the voiceovers in the program.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Well done Sofia! Getting straight back into the skate after the fall on the 4T and getting every single jump landed after that, including the 4S. And a StSq4! There's also something in her skating in moments that reminds me of Evgenia Medvedeva - something of the same ability to move a shoulder or arm just so, and create a mood of yearning wistfulness, that special performance quality. Beautiful jumps, beautiful spins, and fingers crossed for her to get on the podium with that skate.
She mostly reminds me Tarakanova.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Okay. This little lady has a MONSTER of a 2A. First thing I saw when I checked in!