2021 JGP Ljubljana: Women's Short Program | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2021 JGP Ljubljana: Women's Short Program

chz

On the Ice
I personally would give Adelia bigger margin over the next two skaters than she has. Her program looks more difficult, her spins are faster. Both Minchae and Lindsay skate like skaters from the previous generation with few transitions and telegraphed jumps. But in the end of the day having them all in a tie is not a problem If Adelia nails a quad and is clean elsewhere she wins. If not there is a set of options.
😑

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
You are aware there's Samodelkina in this competition, right? ;)
I looked at their planned content. Samodelkina has 2 quads vs. Petrosian's 1. They are tied in everything else. So, I don't see how Adelia can lose unless Sofia jumps 3 clean quads and/or 2 quads plus a 3A. There is more than 5 points between them after the short program.

I see that she beat her plan with 3 quads in Krasnoyarsk. If she does the same here, yes, 3 quads beat 1 quad with 5 point margin. The risk is there, though. Will she go for 3 quads again? Does she need it to get to JGPF? She might lose it all if things go south.

Last edited:

Azikin

Medalist
I looked at their planned content. Samodelkina has 2 quads vs. Petrosian's 1. They are tied in everything else. So, I don't see how Adelia can lose unless Sofia jumps 3 clean quads and/or 2 quads plus a 3A. There is more than 5 points between them after the short program.

I see that she beat her plan with 3 quads in Krasnoyarsk. If she does the same here, yes, 3 quads beat 1 quad with 5 point margin. The risk is there, though. Will she go for 3 quads again? Does she need it to get to JGPF? She might lose it all if things go south.
Well I'd like Adelia to win but if I had to bet, I'd bet on Samodelkina..

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Surprised to see Lindsey at 70 while she got 62 at her first jgp with just a q.
I didn't watch Korean ranking competitions this year, that's why i'm consistently surprised by the talent of some Korean juniors. Minchae jumps are huge. Her 3lz took a flight.