2021 JGP Ljubljana: Women's Short Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2021 JGP Ljubljana: Women's Short Program

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
My god, give those jumps ALL the GOEs :love2: :love2: Just incredible.

This coach has a lot of really promising skaters! She also coaches Jia here and Yeonjeong Park if I'm not mistaken? Really good to see.
Coach Park Bitna used to coach Yeonjeong, yes, but currently Yeonjeong is coached by coach Hong Yeseul (coach of my tesoro Younghyun who also happens to be competing here, making me stay up)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
OK, in Ted's words, "this concludes our program for today."

(And one panel less in my browser :laugh:)

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
If you ask me it should have been

1. Kim (more 71-72)
2. Petrosyan
3. Thorngren (68-69 maybe, skating skills she looked a bit behind)

The korean has the best jumping technique of the three, Petrosyan best in transition but her 2a is overmarked, she barely leaves the ice.

But they're all basically tied so the quads in the free will determine the medals pretty much.

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
The korean has the best jumping technique of the three, Petrosyan best in transition but her 2a is overmarked, she barely leaves the ice.
Nonsense. Subjective judgment. She completely rotate her jump, which means she has no problems with height.

The judges once again make quibbles out of the blue about Adelya's spins and step sequence.

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
The program of a Korean girl, excessively simple (for her skill level). She enters the cascade through half of the rink in a straight line (girl, you are not going to perform a quad). She has no refined expression, no complex choreography. And she gets almost the same score as Adelya! what a heck! The judges are unfair to Adelya. To ISU necessary to reduce the number of Russian skaters in the final, so they underestimate the "minor Russians" in their opinion.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Nonsense. Subjective judgment. She completely rotate her jump, which means she has no problems with height.

The judges once again make quibbles out of the blue about Adelya's spins and step sequence.

Yeah but in order to get +4 and +5 you MUST have very good height and very good lenght of the jump.

While the jump may be fully rotated, the height and lenght are just okay, if you think they are "very good" you've probably never seen a 2a before, skaters in novice have better 2a with maybe less transitions but bigger jump, i can tell you.

Satoko Miyahara is one example of a skater always picked for having tiny jumps, well she has a bigger 2a than Adeliya.

In fact all Judges gave her +3 cause she lacks that height and distance for higher marks, except Judge n.1 out of nowhere gave her a +5 for the 2a and that's controversial to say the least.

Screenshot-2021-09-23-at-21-58-19-ISU-official-jump-GOE-5-examples.png

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I personally would give Adelia bigger margin over the next two skaters than she has. Her program looks more difficult, her spins are faster. Both Minchae and Lindsay skate like skaters from the previous generation with few transitions and telegraphed jumps. But in the end of the day having them all in a tie is not a problem If Adelia nails a quad and is clean elsewhere she wins. If not there is a set of options.