elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I can't believe I am saying this...

I actually liked Gabriele! A LOT!

@elektra blue , get me the smelling salts! I must be delirious! :drama: :laugh:

Seriously, that was a great programme. And a great skate to it.

He's come so far since that first time I saw him.

CaroLiza_fan
Gabriele is a big boy now, also he realised he's not Nathan Chen :LOL:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
According to the Swedish Olympic committee, you shouldn't bother if you aren't a medal contender... 90% skaters today didn't get the memo... /sarcasm
The Marjarovs must be doing OK in Sweden I guess 😕... Because after they did it to Alexander in 2018, I would have had a lot of unprintable words for the Government cumulating in telling them where they could stick the citizenship certificate they gave me.

Country
Norway
Grrr! I can't believe they're still allowed to pull that BS. It's so... unsportsmanlike, so...unOlympic.

Swear to God we should boycott IKEA if they do it again.
I wasn´t sure what emotion to react with, but I give the :rofl:for the IKEA comment. It seems tempting to boycott IKEA. All though in Norway we have the danish company Jysk a well, they have a lot stuff that IKEA have, all though not as easy and conform as IKEA, but it´s getting better and it´s cheap ;)

Shuey1

Rinkside
You probably have several browsers on your computer (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Opera). Maybe try a different one?
Thanks Ella I have tried them all. It is still telling me that the livestream will start in so many hours, minutes etc. I will have to wait another hour and a half and see if it works. The company internet here has been having issues today so no luck with VPN either, it will not connect either. Joys of being in a third world country and terrible internet. I really appreciate everyone's suggestions however thank you all for your assistance

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Thanks Ella I have tried them all. It is still telling me that the livestream will start in so many hours, minutes etc. I will have to wait another hour and a half and see if it works. The company internet here has been having issues today so no luck with VPN either, it will not connect either. Joys of being in a third world country and terrible internet. I really appreciate everyone's suggestions however thank you all for your assistance
Did you get the stream for Day 1? There are 3 different streams, one for each day

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That is a monster score for Vincent, especially considering he had a "q" for each of the quads.

Honestly, on playback, I thought he deserved one on the sal, but not the lutz. But, hey, I'm not seeing the program live...

The relief and pride on his face at the end was something to see. Well earned and congrats to him, especially considering the pressure he was under.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I only saw the last group plus two by re-winding before they cut the stream. I really loved Vincent's ❤️skate, and I join with @TontoK in saying he deserves accolades:points: for performing under such pressure -- honestly, you couldn't read any thread that mentioned Nebelhorn, almost, without seeing posters warning him in case he didn't make it.

And Mark's skate (new haircut looks great on him, and goes with the fabulous rhythm and musical expression of his SP.

Also noteworthy IMO was Brendan Kerry - so good to see him skate his best again! Also I really enjoyed Gabriele's skate. And Lee's. All five of these skaters brought the passion, the heart and soul, and emotional power of their programs.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Never would've expected two skaters from Turkey in 2nd and 3rd right now

Mark, that costume is really terrible, and the "Walk Like an Egyptian" moves are not doing it for me.

The lead choreographer for Mark's program is Vitali Butikov :eek:

Yes, this Butikov from ice dance, known for questionable taste in programming and costuming.

As here:

and here

Skaters beware.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I only got to see a few programs so far. But of the programs I've seen, these guys were bringing it. Vincent definitely wanted to redeem himself from his troubles at Worlds. He skated with power and conviction. But I was more emotionally engaged by the programs of some other guys, including Adam Siao Him Fa, and Brendan Kerry. Adam looked like himself, but he also looked a bit more trim and fit. Boy, that program of his, from beginning to end. It's sure to be one of my favorites of the season among the men. It's so exciting. What a job well done by choreographer, Benoit Richaud, and by Adam in this energetic and exciting program!

It was lovely to see Brendan Kerry in such great form too. I enjoyed his music and his choreo too. Brendan is such an engaging and sensitive skater. I always feel his emotions.

I'll have to catch up with more performances later.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
It was a bit disappointing to see that the live stream missed some of the early men. Here is a link to Conor from Ireland. A nice skate, but a fall on the 2A. I liked the programme he could have been given more for performance mad interpretation. The channel has loads of videos from today.

A really enjoyable competition. Lots of great skates, it’s all very close so there could be plenty of movement today.

I really liked the commentator. Was he a successful skater? He trained alongside Slavik with Urmanov.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It was a bit disappointing to see that the live stream missed some of the early men. Here is a link to Conor from Ireland. A nice skate, but a fall on the 2A. I liked the programme he could have been given more for performance mad interpretation. The channel has loads of videos from today.

A really enjoyable competition. Lots of great skates, it’s all very close so there could be plenty of movement today.

I really liked the commentator. Was he a successful skater? He trained alongside Slavik with Urmanov.

Thank you so much for the video, 3T3T. :bow: :cheer: :clap: :points:

I'll watch it during one of the intervals.

:thank:

The commentator is Niko Ulanovsky. He was pretty successful in Juniors, but barely more than had a career in Seniors.

His big claim to fame is that in 2011 he won the Junior Men's competitions at German Nationals, the Merano Cup, and the NRW Trophy.

Here are a couple of videos of him that I posted in the Ladies SP thread:

Niko Ulanovsky - 2011 NRW Trophy SP
Niko Ulanovsky - 2011 NRW Trophy FS

He won that competition.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
According to the Swedish Olympic committee, you shouldn't bother if you aren't a medal contender... 90% skaters today didn't get the memo... /sarcasm
At least Alexander was sent to Sochi. Did they get even stricter with first-timers as Nikolaj? And poor Josefin is deemed "too old"?
Their behaviour is really puzzling :scratch2: :palmf: 🤬

Xorasy

Rinkside
I think the chances of Nikolai going to the Olympics are higher than what Alexander's was. The Swedish Olympic Committee has two criteria, you either have to have chances of being top 8 or being a "future hope" (which is why Anita Östlund was allowed to go last Olympics) which I think Nikolai is young enough to be considered as.

DenissVFan

Medalist
I think the chances of Nikolai going to the Olympics are higher than what Alexander's was. The Swedish Olympic Committee has two criteria, you either have to have chances of being top 8 or being a "future hope" (which is why Anita Östlund was allowed to go last Olympics) which I think Nikolai is young enough to be considered as.
Did you see what his mother said about this?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m here so late, but OMG, PJ. Talk about skating with great joy!! 😍