2021 Rostelecom Cup: Men's Short Program | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2021 Rostelecom Cup: Men's Short Program

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
you know whats extra funny about the situation.
They uploaded a short video of Morisi's "toeloop" where the takeoff is cropped off.
They made the mens sp video private very quickly (not done before).
They haven't uploaded Morisi's sp video.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
I can see his SP:

is it geoblocked then?
Edit: can see now, uploaded very late.
and As you can see in video, his toepick never once leaves the ice. he reduces weight on it, but he doesn't pick - he just slides on his toepick to produce similar ice spray.

Last edited:

Alex Fedorov

Medalist
Country
Russia
is it geoblocked then?
Edit: can see now, uploaded very late.
and As you can see in video, his toepick never once leaves the ice. he reduces weight on it, but he doesn't pick - he just slides on his toepick to produce similar ice spray.
I cannot call myself an expert, but I think that there will be many people who would consider this performance at least controversial.

Once again, it is not clear what happened to the Russian men. Sometimes I'm get the impression that they just don't want to win.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
That is STRAIGHT UP a second 4S, his picking foot never leaves the fucking ice. I swear to god. Technical panel bind? Judges blind? ISU corrupt? Yes to all three of those questions.
Normally his picking foot briefly leaves the ice.
Here his toepick stays drifting on the ice.
Normally, he keeps end of blade off with picking foot

Here, not only does he go on inside edge, but he also drifts backwards on an inside edge - Normally he stays on same spot with prerotation.

He has a gluiding back inside edge on takeoff. This is a salchow

Raskolnikov

Rinkside
Country
Russia
That is STRAIGHT UP a second 4S, his picking foot never leaves the fucking ice. I swear to god. Technical panel bind? Judges blind? ISU corrupt? Yes to all three of those questions.
His picking foot actually leaves the ice. You can see it on slow-mo replay

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Ew, does she make nasty comments and switch allegiance at the drop of a hat while going on about skaters' weight? Or is she just a general jerkface?

To watch dance or not to watch dance...that is the question...
less than kind comments and always ready to shoot who's already down, luckily she never said anything about people's wight as far as i know

readernick

Medalist
Being at work during the SP, I just caught up. It wasn't actually messier than most events, it's just that the ones expected to do well didn't and some of the ones expected to do badly over performed expectations.

I loved Kazuki, Roman and Camden. Nice all-around skating. Morisi was good, too. Although, I do have to agree that he actually did 2 4 Salchows... how did he get away with that? Anyway, good for all of them

I love Kolyada's skating. He is just so smooth. The posture is just so good. However, his copy paste step sequence really irritated me here. It just really doesn't work well with the music. And, of course, the jumps were a bit of a mess.

Brezina's always fun and inconsistent. I enjoy his father energy!

Rizzo was a mess jump wise, too but the performance was better.

Keiji is such a great skater but so inconsistent. I'm still hoping for a Satoko/ Keiji pairs team who makes their international debut in 2 years.

I admire Semenenko's determination not to make more major mistakes after the first fall. I also saw some improvement in ice coverage and some effort toward performance. It's good to see skaters trying to improve their weaknesses.

It always amazes me that Mark lands any jumps so this program wasn't surprising. I appreciate his commitment to performance even if it is really really messy!

nguyhm

On the Ice
I think I am adding him to the little handful of skaters in my Their Jumps Don't Really Matter club, because everything else about his skating is marvellous. Though his 3A today was a thing of beauty, absolutely lovely to watch. Drat the difficulty of quads and getting them landed.
As much as I try it is so hard to do because when his jumps are done right they are gorgeous :bang::cry:

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
His picking foot actually leaves the ice. You can see it on slow-mo replay
1) It doesn't. His toe scrapes across the ice, the tippy toe never leaves it
2) he puts the rest of it back down and actually glides on a back inside edge when initiating the takeoff. From functional standpoint, regusrdless of the first, its a salchow