2022 Canadian Nationals: Senior Pairs Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2022 Canadian Nationals: Senior Pairs Short Program

auser

Record Breaker
It's always tricky to keep motivated at this time of the day/night when you're not emotionally invested. But Kevin and Patrick as commentators might give the whole thing a bit of of an uplift!
Well, there's still some wine in the house...
Sadly, none left in mine. Was going to make a run to the store before US Women's FS. But now Canadian Men SP is starting. What to do, what to do? :drama:
:LOL:

VickB

On the Ice
We need the tall and strong male skaters to do pairs... Ponsart and Samarin ... come on let's not let Pairs die off...

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
#KirstenMooreTowers & #MichaelMarinaro KMT: We are very pleased. Believe it or not, this is not to the standard that we have been putting out in practice. MM: After what we have been through this season, obviously we are extremely happy with that.

rain

Record Breaker
I'm very impressed to see MT/M step up. I confess, I did not think it was going to happen this season. It wasn't a perfect skate, but by far the best they've done this season. They easily looked like the class of the field here. I'd say they've probably booked their ticket to the Olympics, unless they fall apart in the FS.

Deanna and Max were surprisingly good here, but I imagine the long is where they will struggle with the lack of training time.

Near

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Does anyone know if Deanna Stellato has Canadian citizenship yet?

Boo67

Rinkside
Not everyone was in quarantine though, granted, some were. It's just that the twist lift is my favourite element to watch. I realise it will be a timing problem after not being able to train, but I still miss seeing good ones. My remark wasn't meant as putting blame on anyone, just my own disappointment in not seeing good ones.
agreed, if our skaters hope to show any sort of threat on the international level, those twists need interventions BIG time

Boo67

Rinkside
I have said it before that Walsh & Michaud will be a different Team at Nationals. They always show up @ Canadians and may have been underscored here, IMO.
agreed, they were underscored. I'm a fan, don't have any favs in this cycle - but they've been underrated - hopefully the LP scores will reflect their actual performance rather than their perceived placement

Balloon

On the Ice
I’m not sure underrated, I’m a fan but don’t enjoy watching continuously struggling in the Grand Prix seasons and I would assume that goes against a team.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I have said it before that Walsh & Michaud will be a different Team at Nationals. They always show up @ Canadians and may have been underscored here, IMO.
they did skate a great SP. I have an issue with how they do when it's not home ice... they had a pretty bad season in all their international events. On top of that, their BV is one of the lowest. Their "special" element is the throw triple toe... which is their trademark, unfortunately for them, it's a low BV element. I am not sure they were under-marked by the judges honestly.

Balloon

On the Ice
they did skate a great SP. I have an issue with how they do when it's not home ice... they had a pretty bad season in all their international events. On top of that, their BV is one of the lowest. Their "special" element is the throw triple toe... which is their trademark, unfortunately for them, it's a low BV element. I am not sure they were under-marked by the judges honestly.
I do agree, I think there is more then one event they have to skate well at. MTM may have not skated the best this season but they did do better elements with a nice Tech. Score, I can’t say I’m impressed with TE tech scores with no falls. MF were higher and SD a point behind and even AA with two falls were within range, with more experience and competitions putting the triples out there, I suspect they may beat them. AA had a nice 3LTh in the warmup clear to see on the camera.