2022 CS Budapest Trophy Free Dance | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2022 CS Budapest Trophy Free Dance

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just letting you know that I have just finished updating all of the reminder posts I put up for the Budapest Trophy and Tayside Trophy, so that the livestreaming links now take you directly to the start of the relevant segment.

HOWEVER, because YouTube has a 12h limit on the length of videos, the archived version of today's Budapest stream cuts out in the middle of Marjorie and Zach's programme!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

The most annoying thing is that the whole day's skating did actually fit into the 12 hours. The reason the end got cut off is that they started broadcasting the stream 9m before the Junior Ladies FS started this morning! :bang: :bang: :bang:

Idiots!

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Breaking down by judge

French judge: -4 points compared to the average for Lajoie/Lagha and +5 to Lopareva/Brissaud
Canadian judge: +7 points to L/L and -2 to L/B
USA judge came up with 113 FD for Wolfkostin/Chen

So basically French judge had L/B winning the FD by 5 points while Canadian judge had L/L winning by 13 points. Both thrown out of the average. All other judges were in 4-6 points lead.
at least the canadian judge had the "right" ranking for Lala... i cannot see how L/B would win the free dance... that's sick

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Their Bat Out of Hell FD is the best Free Dance India & Eron representing Australia (I say representing as he's a Londoner) have ever had and it must've been gutting to get only 64 points when last season they had moved into the 70s. One wonders how much longer they can continue training?

It's great to have Joti Polizoakis back, the Announcer mispronounced his surname everytime, so I had to check it was him. Originally from Greece, formerly skated for Germany and now for Czechia with a vivacious blonde lady, Denisa. I wonder if they met on the German version of Dancing on Ice? I enjoyed both their programs and though there were mistakes, mainly with the lifts, they look a very promising partnership.

The most attractive part of the Brown's FD was their closing pose in a Lift. Excellent. However their FD, like their RD, is uninspiring, and not a patch on last season's Junior winning programs. Skating Lesson claimed after their previous event at Nepela it was because they had no connections with the Panel. No Dave, simply down to 2 dull programs.

Straight away when the Canadians Paul Ayer & Partner (having a brain fog) took the ice you could see their elegance and matching lines compared to the Brown's. I really liked their FD to Lewis Capaldi, apart from one move where he throws himself onto the ice in a somersault. Frankly he could break his shoulder if mistimed, but the Judges clearly didn't like it either and gave a 1.00 deduction. It broke the seamless nature of the choreography. They looked annoyed to be behind the Brown's on FD TES, but stayed ahead Overall.

Then followed Wolfkostin & Chen, back on form after last season's disappointments in their final Junior season. Skating to Florence & The Machine "Dark Days Are Over" it needed to be more wild and gothic to really interpret the music, but was good nonetheless. However what were those sparkly Latin Salsa costumes? Packaging people, please! 3rd

The French couple tried a classy sultry number to Edith Piaf. Her costume was gorgeous, I have no idea what he was wearing, except it didn't fit hers. I found the choreography began to get very samey, and a change in tempo was needed in my view to keep your interest. But wow 116 points. 2nd

Marjory & Zachary, whatever music they skate to, they soon develop so much speed that their rotational lift was a blur. I'm not sure the Nureyev BBC Film music is better interpreted as a Free Dance? We've seen it by Kolyada in Singles and by the US Pair team last season. It started off elegantly but then became too much of a whirlwind with similar lifts repeated for my tastes. But 120 points and the winners.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Their Bat Out of Hell FD is the best Free Dance India & Eron representing Australia (I say representing as he's a Londoner) have ever had and it must've been gutting to get only 64 points when last season they had moved into the 70s. One wonders how much longer they can continue training?

It's great to have Joti Polizoakis back, the Announcer mispronounced his surname everytime, so I had to check it was him. Originally from Greece, formerly skated for Germany and now for Czechia with a vivacious blonde lady, Denisa. I wonder if they met on the German version of Dancing on Ice? I enjoyed both their programs and though there were mistakes, mainly with the lifts, they look a very promising partnership.

The most attractive part of the Brown's FD was their closing pose in a Lift. Excellent. However their FD, like their RD, is uninspiring, and not a patch on last season's Junior winning programs. Skating Lesson claimed after their previous event at Nepela it was because they had no connections with the Panel. No Dave, simply down to 2 dull programs.

Straight away when the Canadians Paul Ayer & Partner (having a brain fog) took the ice you could see their elegance and matching lines compared to the Brown's. I really liked their FD to Lewis Capaldi, apart from one move where he throws himself onto the ice in a somersault. Frankly he could break his shoulder if mistimed, but the Judges clearly didn't like it either and gave a 1.00 deduction. It broke the seamless nature of the choreography. They looked annoyed to be behind the Brown's on FD TES, but stayed ahead Overall.

Then followed Wolfkostin & Chen, back on form after last season's disappointments in their final Junior season. Skating to Florence & The Machine "Dark Days Are Over" it needed to be more wild and gothic to really interpret the music, but was good nonetheless. However what were those sparkly Latin Salsa costumes? Packaging people, please! 3rd

The French couple tried a classy sultry number to Edith Piaf. Her costume was gorgeous, I have no idea what he was wearing, except it didn't fit hers. I found the choreography began to get very samey, and a change in tempo was needed in my view to keep your interest. But wow 116 points. 2nd

Marjory & Zachary, whatever music they skate to, they soon develop so much speed that their rotational lift was a blur. I'm not sure the Nureyev BBC Film music is better interpreted as a Free Dance? We've seen it by Kolyada in Singles and by the US Pair team last season. It started off elegantly but then became too much of a whirlwind with similar lifts repeated for my tastes. But 120 points and the winners.
Paul Ayer and Alicia Fabbri probably got the 1 point deduction for the fall during the stationary lift... not the sommersault. Though I agree with you, it's a bad move and I hate it :)

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think I vaguely remember this happening with the men at 4CC and the results were all over the place. Probably better to decide after nationals
it has happened with the women too... and they both did badly... (Cynthia and Amélie)...