2022 CS Nebelhorn Trophy Free Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2022 CS Nebelhorn Trophy Free Dance

Sackie

Medalist
Looking at the protocols and interesting to see that the CAN team of Molly & Dmitre got the highest Base Value - even higher then the Brits. Maybe this will give them a boost and if they tighten things up a bit, they might do quite well this season. Although things are going to be tight in Canada this year with only 2 teams going to worlds. Hope that who ever makes it to worlds other teams will be chosen for 4CC to give them a chance.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Looking at the protocols and interesting to see that the CAN team of Molly & Dmitre got the highest Base Value - even higher then the Brits. Maybe this will give them a boost and if they tighten things up a bit, they might do quite well this season. Although things are going to be tight in Canada this year with only 2 teams going to worlds. Hope that who ever makes it to worlds other teams will be chosen for 4CC to give them a chance.
Dance teams don't skip 4CCs in a non-Olympic year. That would put them at a disadvantage both for WS points (start orders) and also momentum going into Worlds. Unless there's some injury or something, the two Worlds teams will definitely do 4CCs, along with one other team.

Country
Norway
Wait a minute.....what element of Lorraine and Anton's program was missing?!!?!?
Yep, it seems something strange happened with them and Harris/Chan

This seems to be quite a big error and it seems it happen in the system. I´m not familiar with the rules for this, but for sure they must fix this and in that case Lorraine and Anton will move up one place to 4th and the Canadians down to 5th place? I thought the scores was too low.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Dance teams don't skip 4CCs in a non-Olympic year. That would put them at a disadvantage both for WS points (start orders) and also momentum going into Worlds. Unless there's some injury or something, the two Worlds teams will definitely do 4CCs, along with one other team.
especially since it's in Colorado... so less traveling and very little time zone accommodation compared to 4cc in Asia

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yep, it seems something strange happened with them and Harris/Chan

This seems to be quite a big error and it seems it happen in the system. I´m not familiar with the rules for this, but for sure they must fix this and in that case Lorraine and Anton will move up one place to 4th and the Canadians down to 5th place? I thought the scores was too low.

this would give them about 2.5 points extra indeed. Very strange... Perhaps the tech panel decided it didn't meet the requirements?

Country
Norway
this would give them about 2.5 points extra indeed. Very strange... Perhaps the tech panel decided it didn't meet the requirements?
It´s a bit fishy since it happened with Harris/Chan as well. But I admit I have no knowledge of the requirement for this element. Sometimes elements are invalid and I usually trust the judges in what makes them invalid. But yes, we will see.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It´s a bit fishy since it happened with Harris/Chan as well. But I admit I have no knowledge of the requirement for this element. Sometimes elements are invalid and I usually trust the judges in what makes them invalid. But yes, we will see.
it is very weird... i agree that usually, we would see the element name with a * so not seeing anything is strange.

Do ice dance teams submit a planned content list like single/pairs?
Asking this because it is not mandatory to perform an assisted jump. There are a few Choreographic options for the Free dance... and it may be that the tech panel could not properly identify what had been performed because it was executed in a way that was in between two CH options... for instance, CHAJ or CHL (lift) if it's neither, there is a blank element?

It may need fixing or may not... I haven't watched, was sleeping... has anyone looked at the element and thought it was perfectly performed?

Andrea82

Medalist
I was told on another place that Choreographic Assisted Jumps were originally introduced with maximum 1 and half rotation (ISU Communication dated April 2022) but then technical rules were revised allowing maximum 1 rotation per jump (ISU Communication 1 September).

Harris/Chan clearly have 1 and half rotations in first and second ChAJs. So program choreographed in the summer based on original rules and then their team didn't notice the recent changes in requirements.

IAM should pay more attention to ISU communications.
However, I believe ISU should think their new rules better in first place or wait until the end of season to change them rather than modifying them during the summer without much fanfare.