2022 CS US International FS Classic Men's Free Skate | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2022 CS US International FS Classic Men's Free Skate

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ran out of battery and so couldn’t reply to this in real time, but yes, Kevin seemed happy! After the ceremony Ilia and Camden were posing with American flags for pictures and I motioned a USFS person over to offer Kevin the French flag I’d flown for him. He proudly posed with it alone, with Sylvia Fontana, and with some young admirers at the boards. I heard through the rink grapevine that it had meant a lot to him, so I am very pleased to have contributed to his happiness in some small way.

BTW Camden also sweetly and patiently posed for pictures with young fans after the ceremony. A lovely and gracious young man.
The flag picture with Sylvia was on his Instagram story. Your flag saved the day. :thank:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have not seen Kevin´s freeskate, but from the protocols one can see that his every jump - except one - were more or less faulty and in technical scores he did not even quite reach the base value. I´d think that all that must have affected the impression his total programme gave.

I have seen it, and the YOLO jumps did not affect my impression of the total program at all.

His choreo, step sequences, and performance were pure Kevin. He deserved a higher score. To win, maybe not, but a higher score, yes.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kevin got L4 on his step sequence, but only one judge (USA) gave him a +5; three judges gave him +4, and the rest +3. Overall, his program was fiercely delivered, but his jumps were sloppy---every jump got at least some -GOE . That's how he ended up with less than Base Value in his TES. He did get the highest PCS, but perhaps the judges held back on that a bit because of so many sloppy technical elements.

Perhaps later in the season Kevin will deliver a much cleaner program, and will get the marks he deserves.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Anymore videos available since Peacock sprung on us no replays? U.S figure skating should make this event available on their website if NBC won't provide replays. It doesn't make sense. I know it has to do with their over-reaction to the suit.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Anyway, Ilia´s performance is the only fs I have seen and I liked the music and the programme. And the quad axel was awesome!!!

Last edited: