2022 European Championships: Women's Free Skate | Page 66 | Golden Skate

2022 European Championships: Women's Free Skate

Mauvedreamer

Final Flight
Here to say that I'm so so so happy for Anna!! I knew she could pull through and deliver. A nice f u to all her doubters and those who made nasty comments about her.

Kami proved she was human here, but that's fine, just means another wr for her at the Olympics. :coffee: Glad she was still able to smile and be chill even after the mistakes. She has a good
A very resounding FU. So pleased for her.

Tomadeur

On the Ice
Country
Germany
But like how could it be considered invalid?

She physically did it.

This is like Hanyu’s 3S at the 2014 Olympics in 2014 which rightfully wasn’t called as a 3-jump series but the guy still did the jump.

This link was postet in the Russian Womens thread (although not in context to this) and answers your question like this:

If in a jump combination or sequence a skater falls or steps out of a jump and immediately executes another jump(s), the jump(s) after the mistake are not counted, and the call will be the executed jump(s) before the mistake + sequence + the executed jump(s). The jumps after the mistake are marked with an *

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Makes no sense when Mozalev have now beaten Semenenko twice in last two competitions, when they actually get to skate against each other. Comparing scores/places across compettions is stupid, considering they didn't have the same opportunities.
EDIT: At least with women we know exactly who will go and why
If Mozalev gets selected, I will colour my hair green, seriously.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
This link was postet in the Russian Womens thread (although not in context to this) and answers your question like this:

If in a jump combination or sequence a skater falls or steps out of a jump and immediately executes another jump(s), the jump(s) after the mistake are not counted, and the call will be the executed jump(s) before the mistake + sequence + the executed jump(s). The jumps after the mistake are marked with an *
About the link you posted - 'Example 8: No axel in program' is really some funny thing. I can't believe some top skater, as Aliev, forgot to jump even a double axel in his programme :dbana: At least they said in the end 'this rule is rarely broken' :laugh:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
About the link you posted - 'Example 8: No axel in program' is really some funny thing. I can't believe some top skater, as Aliev, forgot to jump even a double axel in his programme :dbana: At least they said in the end 'this rule is rarely broken' :laugh:
I also vividly remember Aliev zayaking in SkAm, so I suppose layout math might not have been his strongest suit. He is more of a poet…

Tomadeur

On the Ice
Country
Germany
I think the only viable exuse would be if you have a new program and changed the order of your jumps. Don't know if that was maybe the case, but I would be interested in seeing the coaches face when this happened. :laugh:

Artistry

On the Ice
Swedish commentators are completely roasting Trusova. They seem to hate the absolute lack of attention to anything else than jumps. Also roasting the judges a bit, shouldn't get 8's in PCS and they should be more of a difference between the different components. Never heard them be this harsh before!

Agreed! So boring to watch. I wish scoring so much with falls on quads and still benefitting from that math over artistry and GOE on spins, steps etc wasn’t the reality of women’s skating today.

bouncy

☀️
On the Ice
Sasha is always fighting for gold and losing silver that way. I think she needs to make a decision if it's really worth to try and win against Kamila, or if she can accept that Anna is her real rival when it comes to winning the silver medal. Had she skated a bit smarter, she would have easily won silver. But she seems to deal well with her defeats, so maybe it's really just gold or nothing for her. Or rather quads or nothing.
It must be hard for Sasha to swallow but she really need to think it through before the Games.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
Does trusovas somewhat shaky performance open the door for Elizaveta Tuktamysheva to go to Olympics?
No. Sasha's "shaky" performance got a 159 while Liza's best performance has never gotten over 154. So, Sasha (and Anna and Kamila) have just so much higher potential. Plus their programs are designed to still score quite highly even when they fall as long as it's not a complete meltdown and they at least kinda rotate their jumps. Liza's BV can't touch theirs which gives them a buffer. Also Sasha might still land her 3A in the SP so it's not even like Liza would have an advantage really there, especially as it's not like Liza hasn't also fallen on it. (For that matter, Anna's SP is usually better too.) While Anna doesn't have a 3A she actually can outscore Liza in the SP as well when she's clean.

So no, both Anna and Sasha outscore a clean Liza even with mistakes and their potential is so much better.

Finally, they both beat Liza at RusNats and really all through the season so, there needed to be more of a meltdown here. (Liza needed to beat them at RusNats.)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I think the only viable exuse would be if you have a new program and changed the order of your jumps. Don't know if that was maybe the case, but I would be interested in seeing the coaches face when this happened. :laugh:
I dunno if I would want to. Rukavicin is kinda scary.