2022 Junior World Championships: Men's Short Program | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2022 Junior World Championships: Men's Short Program

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Why? He is an FS coach and he is not there to represent Russia.
I hope Sliusarenko will be there with the Georgian pair.
not saying he shouldn't be there in support of his skater who represents KAZ :) just personally feeling uneasy as I pretty much lived on water and figure skating back in the Urmanov days and my brain has a hard time seeing him in another role and representing another country... that's why i am using the word uneasy :) just my own feeling... not a blanket statement about anything

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well... i missed the last bits " work called" will miss the pairs too i think... but happy to see some good skates today !

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks, the rule considers also men? I have not watched juniors so regularly, so that's why I did not know.
Junior skating is much more restrictive than the senior division.

Junior men are not allowed to do quads in the short program, and the solo jump must be a flip. That's why all the programs seem so similar, at least at the top of the leaderboard. Nearly all feature a 3A, a 3F, and a lutz combo.

The LPs can feature any jump (zayak rules apply), and we'll almost certainly see quads from the top men.

Editing this post: The solo jump must be a double or triple flip, which is why the popped single flips received no points, as they are invalid elements. Here's a link to the ISU Communication regarding short program requirements.

Last edited:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
or a blue curaçao :LOL:
I love blue curaçao
Please don't do quads in the FS I have a feeling it will turn into a splatfest if he does
Stephen did his 4S at Challenge and it went fine in the FS, so I'm sure he'll do at least one.
I'm still mad Corey's not here, but both the Canadian men did very well here.
It's a shame Canada didn't have 3 spots for the men so Corey could have come too. I guess Stephen's big margin (30+ points) over him at Challenge made the decision, which is fair.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I love blue curaçao

Stephen did his 4S at Challenge and it went fine in the FS, so I'm sure he'll do at least one.

It's a shame Canada didn't have 3 spots for the men so Corey could have come too. I guess Stephen's big margin (30+ points) over him at Challenge made the decision, which is fair.
🥂

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
good skate by Ilia. I don't see the connection with music yet though.
I should hope not! The song is about a girl who accused her bf of fathering her child.
Ilia expressed the character of the music rather than the story line.
Ilia did get the highest PCS score---40.93, higher than Selevko's 38.01, and Chiu's 37.75.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I really enjoyed the last two groups of junior men. Without quads we had more clean skates and I enjoyed many of the programs. I liked the variety of themes and choreography. Very happy for Ilia and Liam (I woke up too late to see him and will catch up later). Wesley was lovely and nice for hometown Selevko to do well. But it was really really hard to watch Kao. He so obviously is not ready for competition and that felt dangerous for him.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I should hope not! The song is about a girl who accused her bf of fathering her child.
Ilia did get the highest PCS score---40.93, higher than Selevko's 38.01, and Chiu's 37.75.
did i ever mention the story line? i am talking about musicality and connection to the music, not the meaning behind the lyrics. I didn't see it. YMMV

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm a little surprised that Selevko edged out Chiu on PCS, but not enough to get out the torches and pitchforks.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
At this point, there is no reason for him NOT to withdraw.
Certainly. It was not a great closure for the competition and Tutberidze’s level of disregard for the athlet’s wellbeing if he didn’t train and came off an injury. Japan has other junior men and he did 4CC.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Overall, I feel that Yablokov would have done great in this mix, because i didn’t see anyone with a strong natural charisma/artistic performance/dancing skills.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Just a brief clip of 10th placed Nikolaj Memola of Italy.