2022 Skate America Men's Short Program | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2022 Skate America Men's Short Program

sworddance21

On the Ice
Just finished watching the NBC coverage. Johnny and Tara annoyed me less than usual. (I like them so much as humans - I don't know why they grate on me so much as commentators. ) I was SO surprised at Ilia's growth as a performer. That short is GREAT for him. And holy moly, Donovan is SUCH a performer. In the past I've not dug his programs that much -they seemed cheesy to me. But this short is FANTASTIC.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
The flag was waved! Donovan smiled!!

Also waved the appropriate flags for Stellato & Deschamps (clear winners of the night!!), Roman, Daniel & Junhwan!! Threw a black cat stuffie for Roman.
black cats .... is that a bad omen? he doesn't need that :) haha

:)

Zora

On the Ice
I thought the first group had some decent programs, but the second group with all the fake rockstars and starry starry night programs... I wish they would ban vocals and Einaudi, so people would have to actually think about their music choices again. 😅

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
All I can say is that I have no idea how those of you in the arena didn't spontaneously combust upon seeing Kao and Junhwan perform. 🤯

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The flag was waved! Donovan smiled!!

Also waved the appropriate flags for Stellato & Deschamps (clear winners of the night!!), Roman, Daniel & Junhwan!! Threw a black cat stuffie for Roman.
I know you have been waiting to throw that stuffie for a very long time. I’m so glad you finally got to!

Seven Sisters

Medalist
All I can say is that I have no idea how those of you in the arena didn't spontaneously combust upon seeing Kao and Junhwan perform. 🤯
One thing those watching at home may not have seen—as Kao finished lighting the arena on fire and was headed over to the KnC, he paused and turned to salute his countryman, Sena, who was just taking the ice. Very classy. Clearly a young man who will go far!

noskates

Record Breaker
Jun has a personality! Shailene did a wonderful job with his choreography. I was quite surprised. I loved Donovan's program. He skates with such joy and is such a presence on the ice. What is Daniel Grassl doing with his head while he's rotating. Looks strange to me and you would think he'd get dizzy. And I thought Ilia brought all the promise for the future. He was clearly nervous but then all eyes were on him. He'll have to get used to that going forth. I have big expectations for his long. Funny that he can land the hardest quad and blow the easiest. Kao was a surprise to me. I really don't remember him from last year.