2022 Winter Olympics: Pairs Short Program | Page 52 | Golden Skate

2022 Winter Olympics: Pairs Short Program

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It received base value but was under revision. In the end the panel decided to award level 3. I am not sure I agree with them being ahead of P/J but this might benefit P/J in keeping the pressure off. At least I hope so.
i know :) i was throwing shade at the Tech panel... but i guess my shade throwing is so refined and subtle these days :)

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
haha...funny ;) you know what i meant.. most bananas get your levels lowered... they definitely accio up theirs
To be real now, tech panel usually don't make a mistake with the review (when banana exists). Some 'mistakes' can be made when they don't go for banana (when the element look totally fine or totally wrong in real time and they don't push a button for the review).

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It got called the lowest possible level, so when they marked it for review it was to decide whether it should get higher. So I'm not surprised it went up. I expected it probably would when I saw it was for review.
of course it could only go up :) i was just joking around :)

RoundedBackCamel

On the Ice
Omg, my team skated a clean program! I’m one of the few T/M fan. I love them! They move me. Sui/Han awesome too.

I wonder if they won’t get dinged as an Eteri team. That wouldn’t be fair to them, as they barely are and had so many coaches, but they get the gold, Eteri gets another.

I still want them to get gold, yes, even over the great of Sui/Han. Still, I wouldn’t be broken-hearted if Sui/Han win. Not a M/G fan. Just personal preference. No agenda.

And then I want Eteri to be banned for life after this.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Although pairs is not my favorite discipline, this field is hard to resist.
As always, loved Sui/Han today, and I hope that they will be at the top of the podium. :pray:
Hope also that Mishina/Galliamov will medal, and that Miura/Kihara can move up.
Very happy for Cain-Gribble/LeDuc. 🥳
Good luck to all in the FS.

What? They didn't even allow 20 pairs? Such BS.

That's so unfair. I wasn't aware of that.

Olympic quota for ice dance also was reduced for 2022 -- from 24 couples previously to 23 in Beijing.

Quotas for some other 2022 OWG sports also were reduced, as part of the IOC's objective to reduce overall head count.

readernick

Medalist
Omg, my team skated a clean program! I’m one of the few T/M fan. I love them! They move me. Sui/Han awesome too.

I wonder if they won’t get dinged as an Eteri team. That wouldn’t be fair to them, as they barely are and had so many coaches, but they get the gold, Eteri gets another.

I still want them to get gold, yes, even over the great of Sui/Han. Still, I wouldn’t be broken-hearted if Sui/Han win. Not a M/G fan. Just personal preference. No agenda.

And then I want Eteri to be banned for life after this.
This made me 😂. Personally, I slightly prefer S/ H but T/ M winning would also be fine. I just think these two teams have an incredible maturity. ( Plus better SS which a I'm a stucker for). Love Moskvina but I find her teams ( naturally due to their age) lack the quality of the current top 2.

Eteri's terrible legacy hasn't ever made the judges underscore her skaters in the past and it didn't happen tonight either.

💯 Agreement about banning Eteri and her team forever!

Anyway, pairs is my favorite discipline and this event was great. 1-10 place were all quite wonderful.