2023 Canadian Nationals Senior Women's Short Program | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2023 Canadian Nationals Senior Women's Short Program

VickB

On the Ice
3lz-3toe still hard... not many of the men will land it tonight
3lz - 3 loop vs 3lz 3 toe is bit harder and I remember legendary Kurt Browning do it ?...

I think marks are lot lower for top 6... than world championship judges...

Plus we have Daleman 😘

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
3lz - 3 loop vs 3lz 3 toe is bit harder and I remember legendary Kurt Browning do it ?...

I think marks are lot lower for top 6... than world championship judges...

Plus we have Daleman 😘
right now, levito does the 3lz-3lo and in men cha and gumenik... very rare combo

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Loved this event. I watched bits…

Looks like Maddie is still the clear front runner for Canadian Ladies.

A battle for the two 4CC spots between Lia, Sara-Maude, Fiona, Justine, and Kaiya. I think they will need to put out 110+ free skates to land one of these two spots. I can’t wait to watch it Live tomorrow. The Canadian Ladies are improving little by little and this make me happy. Sad about Kaiya’s fall. But, I have a weird feeling she melted at Challenger with skating last. Skating first in the last flight, might be less pressure for her. These five ladies are ready to replace Gabby Daleman. I missed Gabby and her Jude triple triple combo.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Well, I haven't seen the programs but, Madeline has a healthy lead. I hope she holds it together during the free and walks away with her second title.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
While you hope Canada will rebound right now it is Madi. I am happy for Lia she is competitivein pairs and ladies but it also might show how weak Canada's skating is right now. So wanted a feel good story with Gabi and to hear about her injury is so so sad. This is a far cry from when Gabby, Katelyn and a solid third skater represented Canada. Madi has not had a good competition since the team event in worlds. Ironically Canada's champions that have glimpses of hope on the world stage and sometimes succeeded were powerful skaters with spunk - Wainman, Manley, Chouinard, Rochette, Daleman and Osmond. Madi is more of a Jennifer Robinson which does not bode well but let's hope. She is clearly Canada's best.

rain

Record Breaker
That was an interesting short. I haven't seen that many triple/triples at Canadian nationals in women's in years, if ever. Maddie was still the class of the field, combining performance and technical. But Lia Pereira had perhaps the best, no-holds-barred performance of the afternoon. Of course she does not have the technical difficulty of Maddie, but that program was a barnburner.

Madi is more of a Jennifer Robinson which does not bode well but let's hope. She is clearly Canada's best.
This is not remotely true. Jennifer Robinson (lovely woman that she is) couldn't land a triple without underrotating and double-footing it. Maddie has beautiful high, rotated jumps. Also speed and personality.

Fiona Bombardier has her mom's natural charisma and perkiness. But I'd be perfectly happy not to watch anyone skate to Take the A Train. I find the song kind of irritating, so to hear it twice in one group was a bit much.

Also surprised to see how poor Kaiya's spins were, given that Scott Davis is her coach, and I seem to remember him being a good spinner.

The free is going to be a battle royale with everyone so tightly bunched in the scores.

Last edited:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Katherine skating to Bla Bla Cha Cha. Shades of Hanna Harrell. Nice polished spins and footwork. Needs a bit more speed on those jumps and a bit more Cha Cha

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Marie Maude has easy speed and snap. Her music suited her perky personality. Nice patience trying to salvage the combo jump.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Cristina - skated to Your Song. Nicely done With a little less difficulty. Traveling on the layback as they music said traveling.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Katherine MS - love turquoise costume to Hold Back the River. Nice power and speed. Very well done.easy and pleasing interpretation.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Audreanne is a showgirl to Mein Herr. Crisp and polished.
Oops single axel. Music too mature for her.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lia Perreira skated beautifully to Stand by Me. Endless energy.

Last edited:

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Natalie ambitious tango that needs more expression and more height on jumps.Very nice skate and she is happy.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kaiya - handling her growth spurt pretty well. Very fast across the ice. Needs more speed on spins. Good job Scott Davis. She is a charmer Despite the sedated cover of Whitney.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Amanda - too bad about the missed combo. She was flying into that. Nice use of field moves.