2023 Four Continents Women's Free Skate | Page 35 | Golden Skate

2023 Four Continents Women's Free Skate

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I still believe she can medal. Maybe even win the gold.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to come off harsh but please can we not go there yet? I'm not even a fan, and I am hoping against hope that officialdom has learned just a few lessons from Gracie and Alysa and won't pile the pressure on this kid. Maybe the fans can just will her to get well again, go out there, have fun and definitely learn from the experience... and even if she doesn't podium (as most won't, remember!) come away with no bad feelings and no heavy criticism.

Pretty please?

Last edited:

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm sorry, I don't mean to come off harsh but please can we not go there yet? I'm not even a fan, and I am hoping against hope that officialdom has learned just a few lessons from Gracie and Alysa and won't pile the pressure on this kid. Maybe the fans can just will her to get well again, go out there, have fun and definitely learn from the experience... and even if she doesn't podium (as most won't, remember!) come away with no bad feelings and no heavy criticism.

Pretty please?
Isabeau fan here...

I have the same concerns for her and for young athletes in all sports. The pressure of elite-level competition must be soul-crushing, no matter how mature and grounded the athlete is. There so many examples out there that it breaks my heart. :cry: