2023 Grand Prix of Espoo Women's Free Skate | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2023 Grand Prix of Espoo Women's Free Skate

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
I haven't seen the competition. I went by results, protocol, and what is written on this and other forum.
I don't know if I would call Kaori the possible weakest 3time world champ. She is winning by watering down her triples/triples to triple doubles like all skaters.

Amber while coming in 2nd I free to finish on podium is still doing what she is known for. Claim having a 3a and not doing it. This competition shows she needs it. Why. She mess up her SA program While landing a beauty of a 3 A. She didn't put together a consistent program. She is inconsistent.

That said I wonder if this isn't to distract from Chock and Bates free dance "win".
The scores of free dance says yes.
But the judges placement says No. Only 3 judges according to skating scores had C/B first. The rest went with Canada's fB/sorenson.the judges split is 6-3 in the Canadian teams favor.
According to skating scores
Amber had 1st place from Japan judge that i can't see them giving it to Amber (141 to Kaori 138) along with China.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Amber!!!!!! How the heck did you do that, girl?
Interesting, in person I notice more her strength and speed and on TV more her musicality, at least that program.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thrilled to see a program skated to Bernard Hermann haunting scores from “Vertigo” and “Psycho”
Trend start please??? Great movie scores but no vocals! …….so distracting
I was asleep (middle of the night) and missed that! I adore the Vertigo soundtrack especially and Psycho is of course iconic. Thank you for alerting me, I shall go and check it out.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just watched Amber in the NBC coverage. Wow! She came ready to fight. She popped that first jump and my immediate thought was "Oh no!" Very happy for her that she held it together beautifully and kept up her energy level throughout the program. Congrats on her bronze medal.

As I mentioned in the competition thread, I am a huge Hitchcock fan, and I love the music for Lara Gutmann's program. Her protocol looks like a bit of a carrot cake. Nonetheless, loved her program and the attempt at something different. Certainly not warhorse music!

Chaeyeon is a lovely skater, and I'm sorry that her nerves seemed to get to her here. I hope she has a bright future ahead of her.

i know Starr had heart surgery, so I hope she is fully recovered. Her jumps were kind of "off" here. No disrespect meant to Derrick Delmore, but I wonder if she is at the point where she should be thinking about switches coaches. Maybe he has taken her as far as he can at this point? I think she is still doing 3T-3T as her combo, and can she up her game on that?