2023 Grand Prix of Espoo Women's Short Program | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2023 Grand Prix of Espoo Women's Short Program

sworddance21

On the Ice
she seems off overall...i wonder if she's feeling alright.
I just watched, and I was wondering the same thing. Just not her typical Amber spark. She seemed slow and disengaged. I hope she's OK and she has a great free.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That was a pretty underwhelming event overall. I think Rion had the best skate, but she skated in the first group and they were not going to give her 70+. I think Kaori still deserved a narrow lead given her WC status and overall skating skills and performance.

I hope Amber is okay and will do her best in FS - she looked so miserable. Same with Mana. I was glad to see Young You do relatively well with watered down content.

I caught the first group and enjoyed the Finnish skaters - I was only familiar with Janna (who gets to skate in the 2nd group!) and the other 2 were enjoyable to watch and clearly loved being at the GP in their host/home country.

I hope the FS is a much better event and we have some good skates.

Dawn825

Medalist
BTW. I forgot to add that I hated Young You music, ugh. Those "fancy covers" should burn in hell if you ask me. At least despite that Young You's skating still gave me some joy.
Gotta disagree, her program was my favorite, I started to tear up a little. Its emotional music that she is able to connect to.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
the amount of sparkle today :eek:
maybe there should be a limit just like with nudity
at one point it's difficult to concentrate on the performance

(not saying the outfits aren't beautiful...)
No....we must have all the sparkle....

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love it. To be honest I think Starr is not strong enough to pull it off the way it's possible, but I still enjoy it and I can see she's having fun.
I've seen her pull it off amazing.