2023 Grand Prix of Espoo Women's Free Skate | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2023 Grand Prix of Espoo Women's Free Skate

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I must watch victory ceremony if our TV shows it, just watch to see Amber. I bet there will a happy face.
My thoughts exactly! I can’t stay for dance though so I was hoping it would be sooner 😞

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kaori is going to be the weakest 3 time world champion that i can remember. Ladies skating this year is not much better then Pairs and that's saying something. :( Does no one want to rise up and challenge her?

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I sadly can't stay for ice dance, have fun everyone!

Last edited:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Wow Amber! Congrats! She basically did the opposite of everything at Skate America. Good short, bad free but with a triple axel and failing to medal vs. bad short, good free but without a triple axel and getting a medal! Next is to put it all together!

This was a rough competition - maybe a combo of nerves with gpf slots at stake and being late in the season with some fatigued or from the sounds of it injured. Anyway, kudos to the medalists!

Idiote

On the Ice
Thrilled for Amber but gutted for Chaeyeon :'( Does she still have a chance to qualify to the final ?

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Our TV cut the broadcast just when the medalists were getting their crowns. I follow all them at ig, hope to see some photos there and if you @NoNameFace face have gotten some, I suppose quite many of would like to see it.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Our TV cut the broadcast just when the medalists were getting their crowns. I follow all them at ig, hope to see some photos there and if you @NoNameFace face have gotten some, I suppose quite many of would like to see it.
:)
20231118_215019.jpg

rain

Record Breaker
I've only had a chance to see Amber, but I'm so thrilled for her pulling all the way up for a medal. She's one of my favourite skaters (I love to torture myself with the inconsistent ones). This season my faves are her, Maddie and Yelim, so you can imagine how that's been going for me, lol. Amber really seems like she's on the cusp of really breaking out.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Heh, Glenn had one free with 3A and 3 hosed jumping passes and one free with 1A and 6 good jumping passes. If she manages to put it all together, and a free, she can see 200 score.

Kim making the mistakes is unusual. I am worried she is injured...

I think Simuyoshi's 4T was certainly better than Glenn's pop, but then she did a repeat of sorts of Glenn in SkAm. Skated better in France, got medal here.

Sakamoto could certainly skate better than this.

Overall, just like men's event, not particularly good. Glenn seems to be the most interesting prospect overall this season.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Well, people achieved quite high scores without quads, 3As or even none of the medalists having 3lz in combination. One example: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/wc2017/wc2017_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf
Systems have changed. How would you score those performances today?

I think people remember only things they want to remember, but internet today is ruthless because everything can be checked very quickly and people like me are irritating because I check things and try to find sources to everything.