2023 JGP Bangkok Jr. Women's Free Skate | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Bangkok Jr. Women's Free Skate

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
They are beautiful, and yet I want to see Japanese and Korean girl skaters in pants, skating to a powerful rock song... I really long for that. There's so much wonderful sweet packaging. But look, girls, that's not all you can be or have to be...
Wait until you see Mao Shimada's new SP.
Definitely not a sweet packaging there!

It's not a rock song, but she does wear pants ;)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I agree, beautiful 3A. Nakai was just boring to watch in both days..
I am glad someone agrees. I just don't understand handouts to Nakai for the second year in a row. She is in no way outstanding, she pops 3A regularly and she doesn't have any amazing command of the ice or skating like on butter or makes bold programming choices. But she gets all ties resolved in her favor, even when it's noteven close like here. Like... 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I love the crowds watching these events in Bangkok.. the interest is such a good sign .. I remember Junior events in the past in other places with lots of empty seats..
They brought in school kids to fill in the seats. Ted said that.

mrrice

Record Breaker
It looks like our Junior's need to work on their free programs. I was surprised to see them both fall off the podium as they had great SP's. Do you think it's stamina problem? What about the elevation?

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States
It looks like our Junior's need to work on their free programs. I was surprised to see them both fall off the podium as they had great SP's. Do you think it's stamina problem? What about the elevation?
Bangkok has an average elevation of 4 feet and 11 inches (1.49 meters) so I don't think it's that

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some individual free skates are posted on ISU JGP site. I have added them to the rewatch & will continue to fill them out as they appear. Some are mislabeled for the event and a few are missing or not yet posted.