2023 JGP Bangkok Jr. Women's Free Skate | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Bangkok Jr. Women's Free Skate

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am getting tired of Nakai being propped. Oh, well. Kim deserved to win gold here, having had delivered clean performance and highest tech.

Dawn825

Medalist
I got chills when Ami's music came on, what am unexpected choice. I was rooting for her and she looked lovely.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Great job, not letting to pop affect the rest of the skate!

With these results, Both Ami and Yo will keep their 2nd JGP assignments

Edit: forgot about Ami's SP lead, thought she'd get silver for sure
Sorry. What makes you think this. Didn’t Ikura do better last year and she didn’t get a second assignment? I’m not sure if Ikura had two spots and then lost the spot when they went from 7 to 6 JGP events?
I actually thought Yo would lose her second spot after I saw her place 4th at this event.
Don’t we have Mao, Ayumi, Ikura, Kaoro (sp), Rena that could get two spots instead. To me, Yo is the 7th best skater from Japan. Are all of them secure with getting two spots? If I was Japan federation, I would like to give an 8th skater, a chance to compete.
Edit: I forgot Haruna has a spot too. So, that means there are 15 spots for 8 skaters. One has to only skate once. So, if all 7, all place higher than 4th place with a higher score, doesn’t that mean Yo might not get the second slot?

Last edited:

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I’m happy Ami won. I knew when she screwed up her 3A, that she would do too many 2A’s. I actually thought she would lose the gold medal due to this mistake. But, she just barely won.
I much prefer Ami. He jumps are so much bigger and she has more flow and skates faster than the Korean skaters. I’m saying this, despite me thinking Ami is one of the weaker PCS girls from Japan out of the ones they are sending to Grand Prix.
Note to her coach, please train Ami to adjust her jumps based on what happens with her first element. This happened a Nationals and now here. Could end up being costly in the future.