2023 JGP Osaka Women's Short Program | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Osaka Women's Short Program

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Never heard this music with vocals before. And, if I be totally honest, it spoiled the feeling of it.

Aww, Sergei looking on intensely during one of the elements, almost climbing over the boards to get a better view! :laugh:

You know, that went really well. Especially considering that she was out of action due to injury and the fact that it is early in the season.

The first couple of elements got red squares, but I thought the Lutz in particular looked very impressive the way she did it. But, Mark said she was attempting to disguise an under-rotation.

She is such a perfectionist. She was not happy when she finished. But, she should be. That was a lot better than those programmes she did last year when she was crying afterwards.

Into 10th position, in the middle of a group of 3 skaters covered by just 0.53 points! :drama:

:cheer: WELL DONE STEFANIA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ice Resurfacing and then...
Warm-up Group 5
24 Huong Dieu LE VIE
25 Cara TANG NZL
26 Hayden Isabel BALUCATING PHI
27 Sofiya FARAFONOVA KAZ
28 Tsz Ching CHAN HKG
29 Ruichen TONG CHN

and finally
Warm-up Group 6
30 Heesue HAN KOR
31 Michelle Edgina AXILLE INA
32 Petra LAHTI FIN
33 Milana MOZEIKO FRA
34 Elisa WESTERHOF UAE
35 Sueanne Sze Ern LAM MAS

zebobes

Final Flight
Mao! She actually seemed a bit nervous and slower than usual today? But jumps were executed really well as usual :biggrin:

She obviously has been working in her performance as well, I think this program is a great vessel for her!

I agree, her performance was somewhat muted. I can see the potential once she fully owns the program, but it wasn't quite there yet.

I do wish that the judges held back a tiny bit on the scores, in particular the performance and skating skills, saving higher scores for when she can really show off the program well. Deservedly in first, though. It is impressive how she has been able to get adjusted to her height thus far.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am going to go get some sleep at this point. I hope the rest of the girls skate well. I'd like to see Ruichen and Heesue but choices have to be made. Bye bye Osaka see you in the replays and will be back later in Montreal to see men and dance, pairs maybe?

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Kinda sad to see that people are leaving prior to the final 2 groups:( I get that the home girls have skated already but still.... good on everyone that stayed:clap:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Enjoyed that from the Vietnamese girl.

Good to see another country in the field.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ooooh, we have another Kiwi competing in Japan.

I looked at her ISU Bio, and she has 2 Instagram accounts listed. One of them is for her ice skating, and the other is for her dancing (not involving ice). Turns out that she is a competitive dancer as well!

We'll find out now if it shows in her skating.

CaroLiza_fan

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
I rewound my stream to rewatch Mao and I forgot to put it back to latest live, I got a bit confused that I was seeing warmups when people are talking scores 😂