2023 Lombardi Trophy Men's Short Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2023 Lombardi Trophy Men's Short Program

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
It's early in the season, it's ok to splat, pop, and bomb, but I really enjoyed all of the programs - ranging from wonderful to fantastic - here, so today every skater gets 5/5 black kittens 🐈‍⬛ of approval from me. Great competition segment!

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Aw come on, you could've given Andrew T 40 in PCS
It's the shirt ;)

In all honesty, he deserves higher PCS, but because he's been off the international circuit he won't get it until he continues to deliver skates like this. It's unfair, but judges gonna judge ig.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
So Andrew’s in second behind only Kagiyama. I’m pretty sure he also picked up an SB in the SP too since he’s only barely scored over 80 in juniors. I hope he’s solid in the free and podiums. I think he will as the free program has been more or less solid. At least it was last season.

Top three performances for me were Andrew, Levandi, and Kagiyama.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Yeah, Thanks Nozomu

Sorry totally OT but
I'm currently working on entry lists for Japan Regionals and just noticed that all the competition dates were updated and changed 🤯
OT again :pray:
False Alarm
Forgot I was searching something from a previous year 🙇‍♂️

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Haven't seen the performance, but I'm already screaming Andrew wuzrobbed.

Of course, Andrew is one of the very few skaters where I suspend impartiality, so my uninformed opinions are not unbiased.

But they are nonetheless the only correct opinions.(y)

Sight unseen, my boy deserved higher PCS. He always does. :)

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Haven't seen the performance, but I'm already screaming Andrew wuzrobbed.

Of course, Andrew is one of the very few skaters where I suspend impartiality, so my uninformed opinions are not unbiased.
I'd say wuzrobbed as well, I agree with the placements but I'd have Andrew ~2 points higher in PCS. In some promising news, apparently Andrew had an actual costume in the warmup but took it off prior to his skate because he was having issues with the neck or something (this makes me think it was one of Nik Sorenson's shirts)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Other thoughts:

Andrew's costume could be lost? Even if your costume isn't ready, go with last years, it's not like Nikita and the wonderful specific camp he embodies, Andrew usually has the tasteful generic bling.

And maybe his PCS would be higher:devilish:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States