2023 Russian Nationals Free Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023 Russian Nationals Free Dance

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
But, they still take a big lead. By roughly 10 points in the FS, and by exactly 15 points overall.
They are the only ones who haven't had any serious mistake so far. Other couples' TES wasn't much higher than Matveishina/Subbotin's.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
The other Alexandra/Alexander didn't manage to maintain the lead.

Still much better than at the stages.

auser

Record Breaker
Loved Екатерина's dress although it is neutral color. Enjoyed their dance too. But I am just so happy to be able to watch this comp. Lost my internet connection earlier today and it came back up just in time for FD but so slow I am watching in 244p. Way better than not watching!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
They are the only ones who haven't had any serious mistake so far. Other couples' TES wasn't much higher than Matveishina/Subbotin's.

As I said, Mironova / Ustenko are good skaters. I was actually disappointed that they were only 7th in the Short yesterday. Coming into the event, I thought they would be higher.

Maybe they will climb up a place or two with that Free.

It's interesting that there haven't been any changes to the order from the Short so far.

And just as I type that, there is a change! Prokopets / Vaskovich go into 2nd. So, Mironova / Ustenko do indeed move up a place.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Drat! I missed the Warm-Up. I started watching something on teh TV, and forgot to put the computer sound through to the speakers to hear when it came back.

Especially for @anonymoose_au, we return with Rachmaninoff #2! :biggrin:

Boys, but that was good from Sofia and Andrei!

They should take over the lead.

And they do.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Epic version of "Mad World".

Why do people never skate to the original by Tears For Fears? It is pretty epic in itself! ;)

Anyway, that skate was pretty epic too! I loved it!

But, I have to laugh at Maxim's sleeves. :laugh: The only word that comes to my mind when I see them is "why?"

Only a 3.84 point lead in the FS, but their adfvantage from the SD means they take a 7.33 point lead overall.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm not sure about these costumes from Shanaeva / Drozd. I normally like black, but there is just something about these costumes that doesn't do it for me.

Hey, at least Liza's dress is covering her up better than the red dress she wore yesterday. There were so many times I thought she was going to pop out of it! :drama:

But, what a skate!

They go into the lead. But, not with as big an advantage as I thought it would be.

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Good luck to Liza K and Egor B!

When I saw her fall/stumble during the RD I gasped out loud! So here's hoping for a clean performance.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And we finish with another "epic" version of a song which pales compared to the original. This time it is "Sweet Dreams" by the Eurythmics that got murdered.

No, this cover is hopeless.

YESSSS!!!!! The original came in at the very end!!! Although, the backing music was turned up so much that you could barely hear Annie Lennox.

Don't like these costumes either.

Liza Khudaiberdieva looks very disappointed coming off the ice. She knows that the mistakes will be costly.

Oh no. Liza's crying her eyes out now. Pavel and their coach are trying to console her, but she's getting worse.

:ghug:

Personally, I would give it to Shanaeva / Drozd. but, the 4 point advantage from the Short might just save them.

No. Khudaiberdieva / Drodz win!!! They collapse with delight!!!

Liza is totally overcome. She is crying again, but this time it is tears of joy.

They do win the FS, but only by 1.77 points. So, they increase their lead overall.

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
No need to replay the KnC crying Director Person, that was just mean!

Oops Egor almost fell off the couch when the score came up! :laugh:

And they are most relieved!

I have to say though, despite the fall yesterday I enjoyed their RD the most, so I'm not too mad.

I liked the third place team's FD the most this time, that was some epic skating.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
And I was right, they still won.

I probably would have given it to Shanaeva/Drozd, though they also had a pretty significant mistake on the twizzles, so... Maybe even Pasechnik/Nekrasov, who didn't have any mistakes I think? 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Trankov is attempting to interview them, but they are struggling to get the words out they are so emotional.

Liza looks like she has two black eyes. She has been crying so much her mascara has run big time! :laugh:

They did eventually compose themselves and talk extensively.

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh wait, whoever the team who did Sherazade were my faves, good to see they got 2nd then!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh wait, whoever the team who did Sherazade were my faves, good to see they got 2nd then!

Elizaveta Shanaeva / Pavel Drozd were 2nd

The top 4 actually remained the same as they were in the Short. So the Top 5 was:

1. Elizaveta Khudaiberdieva / Egor Bazin
  2. Elizaveta Shanaeva / Pavel Drozd
  3. Elizaveta Pasechnik / Maksim Nekrasov
  4. Sofia Tyutyunina / Andrei Bagin
  5. Ekaterina Mironova / Evgeni Ustenko

CaroLiza_fan