2023 Skate Canada Rhythm Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2023 Skate Canada Rhythm Dance

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I said I liked both teams, didn't I? And they both did great.
My friend, my brain gets FRIZZLED with stress when they are competing, I just couldn't turn up the stream :(, I am just not cut to have faves...
But if they go pro, there is much of the joy and less of the nerves (though, speaking as someone who currently knows, still enough nerves...) They joined the Japan shows this year (as did Lilah and Lewis) and I enjoyed seeing them so much!

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is my general happy thought. I'm just content to see what they can come up with, what quirk, well-cut music and craziness. I will be NOT okay when R word comes...
This is how I cope with things too,. I also trust that they know what they want and how to train for it. In short I trust their training and just try not to ooze tension.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
This is how I cope with things too,. I also trust that they know what they want and how to train for it. In short I trust their training and just try not to ooze tension.
You are so much more grown up than I am, I just hyperventilate and then scream either way things turn out

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I can relate. I just remind myself that they deserve to have full lives outside of skating. I would never want them to sacrifice that just for my viewing pleasure.
This is also my way of thinking. I'm sometimes catching myself on thinking that even this much stressing on my part is sort of selfish. I feel incredibly privileged since 2018 Internationaux de France and sunflowers saga to follow them, cheer for them, applaud, watch them in person or through the screen. Last season, Piper's health really put things in perspective for me about watching them. Hence me heavily leaning towards going for Montreal, making the most amazing bouquets and/or crowns to honor them staying in competition.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
See you tomorrow as I am off to work. It seems I will see no men or pairs at SC live this year.

readernick

Medalist
I like Piper/Paul’s programs this year . I haven’t been their biggest fan of their programs the last few years. I’m a fan this year. I think he needs a new costume for the RD.

F/G just aren’t my cup of tea.

Enjoyed the Lithuanians. Unique program. They need to work on their levels.

My faves, as always, were the Browns. They just skate together so well and their basics and musicality are so good.

The other Americans were pretty good. And, I enjoy Jen and Ben even if they aren’t particularly technically strong. She’s hard to look away from.

Last edited: