2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Men's Short Program | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Men's Short Program

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
There is the best in men's skating- Ilya Malinin with his technical skills and Jason Brown with his performance. I particularly liked that Malinin gave Brown his dues by applauding him as Jason was announced.
Ilia is a class act. He's a great skater and a good person and competitor. I was pleased to see that too. Team USA should be rooting for each other and Ilia and Jason certainly do!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ilia is a class act. He's a great skater and a good person and competitor. I was pleased to see that too. Team USA should be rooting for each other and Ilia and Jason certainly do!

I'm not sure, so hoping for correction if I'm not... but aren't they in the same show in Japan?

Surely they've become friends during that time, or at least developed respect for each other's talents.

reader3

Chicago Lady
Final Flight
Country
United-States
What a thrill to watch Ilia skate. He really has improved and what a great score and such talent! Only Master Nathan at 115, could beat that number last year. (I miss him)

Very nice job from Jason and Tomoki was a surprise.

Last edited:

16Olympics

On the Ice
Sorry you didn't get my point! I didn't say anything about Jason's Tech score or PCS , I just said I'm not looking at any scores when Jason skates, I don't care, I'm just enjoying his craft.
I wasn't criticizing you or your point. Sorry if you took it that way. We all enjoy his craft.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Torgashev skated first and ended up in 5th. Good for him :clap:
I got stuck at work and ran home to catch the replay before it turned into a pumpkin, fast forwarded through to catch the highlights, and may I just say—

CONGRATULATIONS to my man Andrew Torgashev, his first comp in forever, had to skate first, but did better than even I could have hoped, and now sitting in fifth place after the short! In the last group for the free, baby! Way to go!!!

Also, Tomoki, proud of ya, nice skate, and you always had it in you. You are not a former World junior champion for nothing!!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I got stuck at work and ran home to catch the replay before it turned into a pumpkin, fast forwarded through to catch the highlights, and may I just say—

CONGRATULATIONS to my man Andrew Torgashev, his first comp in forever, had to skate first, but did better than even I could have hoped, and now sitting in fifth place after the short! In the last group for the free, baby! Way to go!!!

Also, Tomoki, proud of ya, nice skate, and you always had it in you. You are not a former World junior champion for nothing!!
But what happened to my man?🥲

yesterday

Record Breaker
If not before, I think they really got to know each other well during Japan Open 2022.