2023 World Championships Exhibition | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2023 World Championships Exhibition

yesterday

Record Breaker
Reporting from Saitama:

The skaters went around the rink about four times after the gala. Then they threw tennis balls into the audience. (Each of them seemed to have a couple of tennis balls.) They were thrown a few at a time, not all at once. I think one of the ice dance guys was jumped over by Keegan...
Ah the balls made a quick appearance in the stream.
Have fun for the rest of your stay 🙂

LadyB

Record Breaker
Reporting from Saitama:

The skaters went around the rink about four times after the gala. Then they threw tennis balls into the audience. (Each of them seemed to have a couple of tennis balls.) They were thrown a few at a time, not all at once. I think one of the ice dance guys was jumped over by Keegan...
Happy for you to be there. Nothing beats the live experience - defo not in that arena and with an amazing audience.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I'm glad to see Nicola Schott in a gala. That's perseverance.
I think the hosts wanted to show appreciation to skaters who've always been there over the years, such as Schott and Moris (whereby the latter has also won a few medals.)

katymay

Medalist
The choices are strange, who decides? So sad about Deniss. And Chaeyeon, got a small medal and highest TES , why not her?
My opinion is Chaeyeon should have won the FS, and hosing her on the PCS was shameful. I too was looking to see if she would be included in the Gala. Boo.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I know the James Bond programme is Piper & Paul's favourite of all times. Don't quite get it, as Vincent was completely in a different league. 🌻
However, I love them so much! It was love at first sight when they had the Beatles medley. :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2:

DancingCactus

Final Flight
That was a really enjoyable gala with many interesting programs.

- Yankee rocker Kazuki blew me away. That was some amazing speed. And Miyavi?
- Jun was beautiful with two Juna Bauers
- Jason doing four splits in a row to the beat ..aw
- Captain Jack Sparrow
- Piper and Paul, the most creative ice dancers
- Cock and Bates with an intense program. Their lifts are so fantastic
- Kaori and Mai both being so happy and enjoying themselves
- Matteo...I love his steps. And his shorts.
- Kevin...insane spread eagles
- Shoma being intense as hell...and that cantilever is still the best in the business.
- Keeeeeegan 😍🤩

But I also think Loena should stop the sex kitten act, it looks trashy among all these sophisticated and clever programs. You can be sexy without trying so hard.

Really enjoyable show!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I too would be interested in who is offered a spot and are they paid and what if they are not in the top 3? The 8th and 9th pair are there. I personally wouldnt be so presumptuous as to ask Emily these questions...she went to the Shinjuku Gyoen National Gardens as she posted on her instagram...but maybe some one here knows these answers. Personally, I like the idea of some Jrs from the host nation but think the placements should determine who is OFFERED a position. Of course, if you are not in the top 3, I have no problem if some skaters wish to go exploring Japan instead of being in the GALA. Especially if it doenst pay. Heck, I would want to go to the National Gardens.....
Those are interesting questions for sure but, at the end of the day the premier Worlds competition needs to have international representation at their Gala regardless of medal standing.. I adore Emily & Spencer for their Boston roots but also for their struggle in the sport and their easy going style and humor not to mention they have a nice Gala program so i missed them. The event was really great.. Japan throws a skating party like no other! Cheers..