2023 World Team Trophy Women's Short Program | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2023 World Team Trophy Women's Short Program

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Haen Lee was exquisite. Odd errors from Mai and Kaori. That might cost them. THe Americans were well in my opinon solid but unspectacular. Maddie from Canada a pleasant surprise and memories of the Olympics - maybe she skates better in team situations??? Because of the individual skating components of WTT - S Korea is a strong contender for bronze.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Haen Lee was exquisite. Odd errors from Mai and Kaori. That might cost them. THe Americans were well in my opinon solid but unspectacular. Maddie from Canada a pleasant surprise and memories of the Olympics - maybe she skates better in team situations??? Because of the individual skating components of WTT - S Korea is a strong contender for bronze.
Maddie was wonderful, a beautiful, fierce Black Swan.. She is determined.. methinks she thrives under intense challenge and in a team atmosphere
I think she participated in the last WTT and stunned everyone

icybear

Medalist
I dont see anything particularly exquisite about Haein Lee SP. Her high marks seem to stem from her being consistent lately and being silver medallist not because she is artistically exceptional. She has good ice coverage and speed but otherwise the program is like plain bread. It is emotionless apart from the few seconds she randomly smiled because she was having a clean skate. There is no choreo movement you can pinpoint as being unique just lots of random arm waving. And the music is cut in random mess. Skates like this makes me wonder people are too harsh on Danill G sometimes. Yes he does a lot of repetitive crap but Kamila's Storm program was actually choreographicaly decent. There were lots of musical nuances throughout and Kamila did a great job in relaying them.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Sadly last....I am just going to say it even though I will get backlash... I wish Skate Canada had sent Kaiya.
I think Sara-Maude had a honorable performance. She held it together despite not a stellar performance. Kaiya may have scored slightly better but not necessarily. However, Gogolev was a disaster. Keegan also didn't deliver. Gogolev scored less than Sara-Maude and he benefits from the PCS higher ratio. 49 points for a man is a tragedy...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Maddie was wonderful, a beautiful, fierce Black Swan.. She is determined.. methinks she thrives under intense challenge and in a team atmosphere
I think she participated in the last WTT and stunned everyone
it was at the olympic team event where she beat many seasoned competitors and allowed Canada to move on.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sadly last....I am just going to say it even though I will get backlash... I wish Skate Canada had sent Kaiya.

If you think the problem is Sara-Maude, then you obviously haven't watched all the events yet. She landed about where one would expect - the underperformance is elsewhere, and it's glaring.

withwings

On the Ice
I think Sara-Maude had a honorable performance. She held it together despite not a stellar performance. Kaiya may have scored slightly better but not necessarily. However, Gogolev was a disaster. Keegan also didn't deliver. Gogolev scored less than Sara-Maude and he benefits from the PCS higher ratio. 49 points for a man is a tragedy...
I am sad to admit this, but I have lost all hope in Gogolev...
Maddie was fantastic! and Sara indeed had honorable performance.
Have not watched yet all the performances though.

mrrice

Record Breaker
OK.......I love Isabeau because she's a great competitor. She performs beautifully however, The more I watch her, I see Caroline Zhang at her age. If she doesn't fix that posture going into her jumps, I don't know if she'll survive her growth spurt which is just around the corner.

sworddance21

On the Ice
I am sad to admit this, but I have lost all hope in Gogolev...
Maddie was fantastic! and Sara indeed had honorable performance.
Have not watched yet all the performances though.
I wonder about Gogolev, too. It was an extraordinary growth spurt. He's a whole different human. I don't know that I can remember seeing any skater change so much so fast. I wonder if he can figure it out from there.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I wonder about Gogolev, too. It was an extraordinary growth spurt. He's a whole different human. I don't know that I can remember seeing any skater change so much so fast. I wonder if he can figure it out from there.
After reading your comment, I went and looked at Stephen from this years Nationals. If they hadn't said his name, I never would have known it was him.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I dont see anything particularly exquisite about Haein Lee SP. Her high marks seem to stem from her being consistent lately and being silver medallist not because she is artistically exceptional. She has good ice coverage and speed but otherwise the program is like plain bread. It is emotionless apart from the few seconds she randomly smiled because she was having a clean skate. There is no choreo movement you can pinpoint as being unique just lots of random arm waving. And the music is cut in random mess. Skates like this makes me wonder people are too harsh on Danill G sometimes. Yes he does a lot of repetitive crap but Kamila's Storm program was actually choreographicaly decent. There were lots of musical nuances throughout and Kamila did a great job in relaying them.
Haein was amazing! Wonderful step sequence and skating skills. Deserved first place with this kind of score.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Maddie shocked me! She always delivers in team events. She just has to pretend it is a team event, when she skates at Worlds. I’m so happy she placed in 4th place.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
nam nguyen and roman sadovsky are two others who changed tons... nam lost his jumps... never retrieve his quad toe... roman has his issues... stephen had secure quad lutz, toe,and salchow.. now he runs a popcorn factory.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really feel for him. To know how to do the jumps and not have them work with his adult body has to be so frustrating and demoralizing.