2023 World Team Trophy Women's Free Skate | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2023 World Team Trophy Women's Free Skate

balabam

🥕🥕🌵🌵😈😀
Record Breaker
Country
Slovakia
the security guards are a reference to Worlds when Kaori was running through the audience and there were two security guards chasing after her for security or something but they were wearing dress shoes so they were having to sprint while trying to keep their shoes on.
Thank you, I didn't know that story!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Women's event was so mixed, it's like first wu group from worlds meets the first. I am really glad that Levito was there to add at least something different in that demo of the same old, same old.

icewhite

Record Breaker
Women's event was so mixed, it's like first wu group from worlds meets the first. I am really glad that Levito was there to add at least something different in that demo of the same old, same old.

I don't really understand what you mean. To me Levito is pretty close to Shcherbakova, just without quads, while someone like Sakamoto is really different.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I don't really understand what you mean. To me Levito is pretty close to Shcherbakova, just without quads, while someone like Sakamoto is really different.
She has the flexibility that sets her apart and seems to serve performance, imo far brighter than Sherbakova... but Sherbakova did have quads. Sakamoto stands out from the crowd when she is clean. She is far from, and when she is far from, magic is gone. I have been just finally catching up on another competition which i can'tmention by the rules (i dunno if i can mention Scherbakova?), and yeah, this outing felt so dated in comparison... I dunno, maybe I shouldn't have watched ice dance first?

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Haein just beat the double world champion and Yelim was very close too. Looks like a very interesting next season. :)
I watched live and had two thoughts as to Team Korea. One, imagine how these ladies would slay if someone actually gave them inspired music/programs that would allow them to show personality, and two, I want that beautiful jacket Junhwan wore in the KnC :)

yesterday

Record Breaker
I watched live and had two thoughts as to Team Korea. One, imagine how these ladies would slay if someone actually gave them inspired music/programs that would allow them to show personality, and two, I want that beautiful jacket Junhwan wore in the KnC :)
you might enjoy this too then :biggrin:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Loved this comp....without anyone milking their yak on Peacock, there were tears in my eyes for Yelim and Haein....:love2:
If you beat the world champion are you then the new world champion? Asking for a friend.... :rofl: Sorry Kaori....you are still wonderful to me...you all are....what a show....I will watch Ted tonight....

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
She mouthed "so close", I think that was about the underrotated and messy 3Lz+3Lo, she was "so close" to the perfect skate
Yes, "so close". But it was that stupid 3Lz+3Lo again. Why do it when she does a single 3T just after??? If she had done the +3T combo instead and gone clean she would have scored at least 2-3 points more, and then another +1 point for doing the 3Lo solo instead of the 3T.
She probably lost second place because of that.

I really hope she drops that +3Lo combo next season as it just lowers her BV and is super hard to do.

Last edited:

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
There are 11 jumps in a free program. How many jumps have Amber Glenn done this season?

Cranberry Cup - 9
Lombardia Trophy - 9
Skate America - 9
NHK Trophy - 10
US Championships - 10
4CC - 9
Worlds - 9
WTT - 10

She never did all the jumps. A total of 13 jumps left out and a LOT of points on the table.