2024 World Championships Practices | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2024 World Championships Practices

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Asking about temperature is a tricky question. I was in Sec. 103 two rows off the ice last night for about 2-1/2 hours and wasn't cold at all. Maybe dress in layers. I'm from a cold weather state, so this didn't bother me at all.I may be part polar bear.
I moved around a lot during the men's and women's practices yesterday, some of the sections farther from the ice were easily colder than sitting one row away from the ice! I agree that bringing layers is a good idea. I might be part polar bear too, it's incredibly cold outside the arena, but it was really invigorating to take a walk between my time at the practices! I was too tired for pairs and dance, so I did some sightseeing in the Old Port instead.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I moved around a lot during the men's and women's practices yesterday, some of the sections farther from the ice were easily colder than sitting one row away from the ice! I agree that bringing layers is a good idea. I might be part polar bear too, it's incredibly cold outside the arena, but it was really invigorating to take a walk between my time at the practices! I was too tired for pairs and dance, so I did some sightseeing in the Old Port instead.
did you like my town ?

some weather banter

this is the coldest week we have had all winter LOL... it's been unusually mild this winter... thanks to El Nino (and climate change)... not sure what this will mean this summer...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
A good decision. It is no fun to watch your favorites when you are too tired and hangry.
That's what the REWATCH is for.
YES! I also am recording everything that will be aired on tv and plan to watch there too with the CBC French and English commentators. I just had a very nice BF ( overnight oats with sweet potato purée and dried cranberries) .. Pairs start at noon ... and it takes me 30 minutes to walk there... so I am aiming to get there in time to see the second group (I saw some of the skaters of the first group in practice and I am okay missing them a bit and will REWATCH them later) So I can have a salad before the pairs.... For dinner, I could even walk back and forth and skip a of the Women flights and have dinner at home... but we will see... It's still a lot of walking and I don't want to be away from the event too much.... It will depend how I feel but the thought of eating out every day doesn't sit well with me. I like preparing my own food.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
YES! I also am recording everything that will be aired on tv and plan to watch there too with the CBC French and English commentators. I just had a very nice BF ( overnight oats with sweet potato purée and dried cranberries) .. Pairs start at noon ... and it takes me 30 minutes to walk there... so I am aiming to get there in time to see the second group (I saw some of the skaters of the first group in practice and I am okay missing them a bit and will REWATCH them later) So I can have a salad before the pairs.... For dinner, I could even walk back and forth and skip a of the Women flights and have dinner at home... but we will see... It's still a lot of walking and I don't want to be away from the event too much.... It will depend how I feel but the thought of eating out every day doesn't sit well with me. I like preparing my own food.
Sounds like a great lunch. I am glad you are having a great time. Maybe prepare something that has leftovers?

Yo1

Rinkside
Has the schedule for Friday’s practice been posted, anyone have a link please?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At men's Sat practice right now. About to start Group 3. Can't believe how much Donovan's jumps have improved! Camden struggling a bit on his jumps. Seemed so odd to see Adam SHF in the first group.
Keep us posted if you can please.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
At men's Sat practice right now. About to start Group 3. Can't believe how much Donovan's jumps have improved! Camden struggling a bit on his jumps. Seemed so odd to see Adam SHF in the first group.
I was doing spread eagles in my bed. You are a trooper ! I was exhausted. I considered coming to practice and nah... I also see snow... and that is a huge bummer .. i would usually just stay in on a snowed in Saturday morning... but I am getting ready for the big stuff.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was doing spread eagles in my bed. You are a trooper ! I was exhausted. I considered coming to practice and nah... I also see snow... and that is a huge bummer .. i would usually just stay in on a snowed in Saturday morning... but I am getting ready for the big stuff.
I hear you! I'm totally wiped out but haven't been to enough practices. Shoma looked tired but did ok.