2024 World Championships Practices | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2024 World Championships Practices

charmblade

Final Flight
For those who have already been on site, how are they handling in and out privileges? Do you have to scan your ticket out when you leave and rescan to come back in? Are they using wristbands? Some other option?

lovestiger oak

Spectator
Has anyone been in the the alternate route rink? If so are the seats bleachers? Do they have backs? Pairs are my least favorite so I am going thinking of skipping pairs practice and first couple groups of pairs and watch the singles skate. But if sitting is not comfortable, I won't be able to stand more than an hour.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Asking about temperature is a tricky question. I was in Sec. 103 two rows off the ice last night for about 2-1/2 hours and wasn't cold at all. Maybe dress in layers. I'm from a cold weather state, so this didn't bother me at all.I may be part polar bear.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
nobody has ever mentioned ice dance ? what about pairs today ? Anyone went ?

I saw the competition schedule... I will miss a few flights here and there because I cannot be at a rink for 12 hours non-stop. I need to eat good food and rest a bit... So yeah :) Will share some insight but probably not PbP

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Has anyone been in the the alternate route rink? If so are the seats bleachers? Do they have backs? Pairs are my least favorite so I am going thinking of skipping pairs practice and first couple groups of pairs and watch the singles skate. But if sitting is not comfortable, I won't be able to stand more than an hour.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Asking about temperature is a tricky question. I was in Sec. 103 two rows off the ice last night for about 2-1/2 hours and wasn't cold at all. Maybe dress in layers. I'm from a cold weather state, so this didn't bother me at all.I may be part polar bear.
I wasn't cold either sitting close to the ice for 3 hours this morning... Yesterday I was further away from the ice and it was even warmer.
Compared to CQE/ACI (in Pierrefonds) where I was freezing in August/October...