Challenger Series for 2022-23 season | Golden Skate

Challenger Series for 2022-23 season

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Communication No. 2457

The Challenger Series is an International Figure Skating Series, introduced during the 2014/15 season. Through ISU support, the objective is to ensure the proper and consistent organization and conduct of up to ten (10) International Competitions linked together within the Challenger Series. The Series gives adequate opportunities for many Skaters to compete at the international senior level and earn World Standing Points. The Series also increases the opportunity for Officials to officiate at an international level.

- Nebelhorn-Trophy in Oberstdorf (GER)
- Finlandia Trophy (FIN)
- Ondrej Nepela Trophy in Bratislava (SVK)
- Golden Spin of Zagreb (CRO)
- One Competition in Canada or the United States to be agreed upon among the ISU Figure Skating Members in Canada and the United States.

The above-mentioned core group of five (5) Challenger Series Competitions remains nevertheless subject to receiving an application from the concerned ISU Members and subject to ISU Council confirmation (see Paragraph 4 below for the details for the applications).

Up to a maximum of five (5) additional International Figure Skating Competitions may be added by the ISU Council at its full discretion based on the applications from organizing ISU Members from all Continents to be submitted to the ISU.

Applications are due from federations by Mar 11, 2022.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
According to the translation of this Tweet, Finland is already letting it be known they are interested in hosting Rostelecom.

Exclusive: The Finnish Figure Skating Association secretary-general has confirmed his interest in next season's Rostelecom Cup bid if the event is moved. "I'm honored to host this competition, and if the ISU organises an open bid, Finland will definitely be interested."

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
According to the translation of this Tweet, Finland is already letting it be known they are interested in hosting Rostelecom.

Exclusive: The Finnish Figure Skating Association secretary-general has confirmed his interest in next season's Rostelecom Cup bid if the event is moved. "I'm honored to host this competition, and if the ISU organises an open bid, Finland will definitely be interested."

Yay!
Finland and my Finnish Doctor!

Andrea82

Medalist
Calender decided by ISU Council last week

September 12-16, 2022 Lake Placid, USA (including Pair Skating)
September 16-19, 2022 Bergamo, ITA
September 21-24, 2022 Oberstdorf, GER (including Pair Skating)
September 29-October 1, 2022 Bratislava, SVK
October 5-9, 2022 Espoo, FIN (including Pair Skating)
October 13-16, 2022 Budapest, HUN
October 26-29, 2022 Nur-Sultan, KAZ
November 9-13, 2022 Graz, AUT
November 17-20, 2022 Warsaw, POL (including Pair Skating)
December 7-10, 2022 Zagreb, CRO (including Pair Skating)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lake Placid instead of SCOB/Norwood?

Interesting. I wouldn't be going to either, but I don't think public transportation to Lake Placid is an option:scratch2:

Although if I were, Lake Placid is the same amount of miles from me as Boston. Almost exactly. And a nicer drive. ;)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
That’s a good location, actually, if they have enough skaters to fill out the GP assignments next year. Kinda like it more than French option.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
the ISU should really keep both CAN and USA challengers... too many in Europe, especially when the Asian one is in Kazakhstan

I agree more North American challengers would be a good way to "spread the wealth".

Particularly since Lake Placid is closer to Montréal than any major American city. ;)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I agree more North American challengers would be a good way to "spread the wealth".

Particularly since Lake Placid is closer to Montréal than any major American city. ;)
closer to Montreal or not, I am not crossing the border just for a challenger event ;) they could have made the challenger in Vancouver, which is closer to Seattle than any other major Canadian city for a nice balance ;)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
closer to Montreal or not, I am not crossing the border just for a challenger event ;) they could have made the challenger in Vancouver, which is closer to Seattle than any other major Canadian city for a nice balance ;)
Anywhere, but Vancouver. I'd rather go to Vegas that has hotels and you can get to the stadium no problems.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Anywhere, but Vancouver. I'd rather go to Vegas that has hotels and you can get to the stadium no problems.
I love Vancouver ;) I understand that depending on the rink, hotels may or may not be available... but to me, that's not that bad... ACI in Pierrefonds is also a pain to get to... but I do the 75 minutes transit ride to go when it's there...

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I love Vancouver ;) I understand that depending on the rink, hotels may or may not be available... but to me, that's not that bad... ACI in Pierrefonds is also a pain to get to... but I do the 75 minutes transit ride to go when it's there...
Vegas was super-convenient. That rink they had for SC last year, it was apparently at the UBC grounds, so there were no convenient way to get there and the prices in Vancouver are insane too. I am happy to have the JWC in Calgary next year, that's for sure.