Classical Music | Golden Skate

Classical Music

diver chick

On the Ice
For anyone who likes classical music and can listen to the radio on the internet, you should check out classic FM. It is a British classical music radio station and it is excellant.

They have a daily on-line vote for a most wanted piece of music and then a lunchtime request show where you can request any piece you like. They play a wonderful selection of well known, lesser well known and movie composers. One of my favourite programs on it is 'If you like that, you'll like this' Basically they take a popular composer or popular piece of music and they introduce you to somethng similar by a lesser known composer or some lesser known music by the same composer. It isn't always to my taste but I have discovered some wonderful music through it.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
diver chick:

Thanks for the info. You would definitely enjoy listening to the CBC FM station. They play classical music everyday with a variety of hosts and interesting anecdotes. Opera is on every Saturday. Check it out!!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Diver Chick or Lad, could you give us site's or url's? I really like listening to classical while working and at times some of our skater's music is on and that brings forth lots of memories.

Dee

diver chick

On the Ice
Here you go

www.classicfm.com

I know what you mean - I generally have tis station on all day at work. Classical music is so unobtrusive while I'm working. The only time it upsets my concentration is when a piece I really love comes on and then I just sit back and enjoy it.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Diver Chick, thanks so much. I am currently listening right now and loving it.

Dee

sk8er1964

On the Ice
I love that station. They play great music, and it reminds me of when I lived in England!

Another good classical music station, which is here out of Detroit, is www.classicalmusicamerica.com They used to be the local on air classical music station, then their format got changed, so they went on line.

I think the UK station generally plays more soothing pieces than classicalmusic does.

diver chick

On the Ice
Dee I am glad you like it. I am not sure of the time differences but at the moment for the whole weekend they are doing the annual hall of fame where people vote for their favourite piece of music and they will be playing all the music that received the most votes (100 or so pieces) so I am really looking forward to listening to some of that.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Thanks for the great links, guys! I'm trapped in TN hell and they only have one classical station.....and they usually play the least desirable pieces (mixed in with shameless promotional ads for obscure blues artists...very odd indeed!).