One More Newbie Question re Tickets for the 2015 US Nationals | Golden Skate

One More Newbie Question re Tickets for the 2015 US Nationals

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Hi Everybody,

I have one more newbie question, and again apologize if it's posted in the wrong place.

I'm thinking about possibly buying tickets for US Nationals next year in Greensboro. Can I ask those of you who have been to competitions like this previously where you sit and why?

This would be my first time attending a competition, and I have no idea what kind of seats to go for! I know I want an event ticket so that I can see practices. I want to be far enough away so that I can appreciate the choreography & see their skates, but close enough so I don't feel like I'm watching on TV. Any suggestions? Is it better to sit on the judges' side or opposite them, or at one end or the other? Do I need to worry about avoiding partial views in any sections? If it makes a difference, I'm more drawn to the singles skaters than the pairs or dancers.

Also: I don't live anywhere near Greensboro and would likely need a hotel. Do you guys usually use the recommended hotels (and are those the same places the skaters stay)?

Thanks!