karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*running around in happy circles throwing green and gold streamers everywhere*

Jana

On the Ice
I would like to see M&C get their shot. They earned the place, and it was hard won. (As well as giving the team a shot). I do believe it was important for Czech Republic to have M&C at Nebelhorn. The two teams are relatively close, and I agree that S&K have more potential for the future. But at this point in time, M&C have the experience, and this was a VERY close competition at Nebelhorn. Currently, they have the higher ranking internationally and the higher PB. I'd be happy to see K&S prove to be the stronger team in an international head-to-head. But I don't want to see them going by default. I'd like to see the real battle.

Czech figure skating association nominated M&C for Olympics, K&S as alternates. (source: http://czechskating.org/gallery/files/Informace_z_P_CKS_2017-10-07_59f04c433f08e.pdf)

Snowman2

Spectator
Any way to update this list. Now that October 30th deadline came and went there should be some sort of news.

shmay

On the Ice
Israeli media is reporting that Ilia Tkachenko was not granted citizenship and that Tobias/Tkachenko will not be competing at the Olympics.

Is this old news? It surprised me given their strong results. I assumed Boris Chait would just pay off whomever needed to be paid off

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Israeli media is reporting that Ilia Tkachenko was not granted citizenship and that Tobias/Tkachenko will not be competing at the Olympics.

Is this old news? It surprised me given their strong results. I assumed Boris Chait would just pay off whomever needed to be paid off

According to the article I read Paige Connors is fine for citizenship though.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker

Really ?!
Oh that changes everything ! who is going to get their Olympic spot then ? (Does someone knows who is the 1st alternate from Nebelhorn ?)

Andrea82

Medalist
Tankova/Zilberberg have the minimum TES for Olympics. She is Ukrainian, don't know her citizenship status though.

Junior team have not competed in Sr yet. So no minimum achieved but given their Jr top score it is doable.

First alternate at Nebelhorn is Lithuania with Alison Reed probably without citizenship but their D level Jr team just got it at Volvo Cup.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

How disappointing to hear that! It will be a loss to the Olympic dance event. Then, what will happen to Israel's Olympic spot? Is there any other replaceable Israeli dance team going to the Olympics instead? Or will it pass down to an alternative team?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Deleted. Total brain fade - looked up Pairs teams instead of Dance. :drama: :slink:

CaroLiza_fan

EDIT: Actually, I will put what I wrote back in, because I am now curious about the status of the partnerships I mentioned.

CaroLiza_fan said:
Really ?!
Oh that changes everything ! who is going to get their Olympic spot then ? (Does someone knows who is the 1st alternate from Nebelhorn ?)

If I understand the Olympic Qualification column on the results table on Wikipedia correctly, the next in line was Japan, courtesy of Sumire Suto / Francis Boudreau-Audet finishing 11[SUP]th[/SUP] (does he have citizenship? I've lost track)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_CS_Nebelhorn_Trophy#Pairs

they have a junior team that may just keep that spot

Is that Hailey Esther KOPS / Artem TSOGLIN, who withdrew from their only Junior GP allocation this season, the Croatia Cup?

I just looked at the PB Page of their ISU Bio, and if the TES requirements are the same as for Worlds (25 for SP; 43 for FS), then yes they do have them.

BUT, do either of them have citizenship? (She is American; he is Ukrainian).

What about Paige Conners / Evgeni Krasnopolski, who finished 8[SUP]th[/SUP] at the Nebelhorn?

I know he has citizenship (he competed for Israel at Sochi), but does she? (Funnily enough, they are actually from the same countries as the Juniors I just mentioned).

CaroLiza_fan

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Tankova/Zilberberg have the minimum TES for Olympics. She is Ukrainian, don't know her citizenship status though.

Junior team have not competed in Sr yet. So no minimum achieved but given their Jr top score it is doable.

First alternate at Nebelhorn is Lithuania with Alison Reed probably without citizenship but their D level Jr team just got it at Volvo Cup.

So the second team could be out. There should be enough time for them to get the Juniors out to a B to get the TES.

If they can't, doesn't that mean Israel goes down to two disciplines?.....the team event?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This article from the Jerusalem Post says that the junior dance team will get the spot, so I assume that means they have citizenship. It also says Conners/Krasnopolski are going, so ditto. Don't know how reliable a source it is.

Alexei Bychenko and Daniel Samohin will take part in the men’s competition, Evgeni Krasnopolski and Paige Conners will participate in the pairs and Adel Tanakova and Ronald Zilberberg will compete in the ice dancing event. Isabella Tobias and Ilia Tkachenko earned Israel’s berth in the ice dancing by finishing in 12th place at the World Championships earlier this year. Both skaters must have citizenship in their country to take part in the Olympics. In the World Championships, it is enough for one of them to be a citizen. As a result, Tanakova and Zilberberg will take their place.