Peacock this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So disappointing. I attended both events and would have loved to have come home and listened to the commentary and "re-lived" my favorite programs. There wasn't much of anything. :console: :(

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
For Skate America most of it was shown on USA and E! I think part of the reason was because there was an auto race being shown on Sunday so the Sunday coverage was pushed to E! It also cut into the short programs shown on Friday night because USA was carrying the qualifying for that race and it went long so Skate America coverage started late. Sadly sports like Nascar take precedence over our beloved (but small audience) sport of figure skating :(

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Imagine that. Us Americans wouldn't even be able to watch our own national championships! :palmf:

(Not directed at you by the way)
I'm super worried and already sad about the upcoming Sectionals. Last year between Peacock showing senior and junior events and the Fan Zone showing the lower tiered events it was wonderful. I loved it! This year I noticed the language for watching sectionals on the site says: "Junior and senior competition will be live streamed on Peacock Premium. All other levels will be live streamed on the U.S. Figure Skating Fan Zone" Notice they say "live streamed". No on demand. I figured as much for Peacock since the rest of the season has gone that way but I had hope that the Fan Zone would at least have on demand for the lower levels as they did have on demand for an event in September this year. But no mention of it. The three sectionals are pretty much taking place on the same days or at least there is a lot of overlap, so how are we to watch all of it live?!?! Sigh!

Edited to add - I just saw all the sectionals as well as the GP Great Britain tiles are up in the live and upcoming section on Peacock. And yes, there are events on at the same time. Gonna have to make myself a schedule (handwritten because I'm old school), in addition to adding all to "my stuff".

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So disappointing. I attended both events and would have loved to have come home and listened to the commentary and "re-lived" my favorite programs. There wasn't much of anything. :console: :(
Skate Canada has (or had) full replays of all events with French or English commentary available with no VPN.

Skate America - ISU has replays, you just need to VPN in.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Skate Canada has (or had) full replays of all events with French or English commentary available with no VPN.

Skate America - ISU has replays, you just need to VPN in.
Thx. I just set up the VPN and had a chance to locate a few of the Sk Can things I wanted to see. Appreciate all the advice from those who are WAY more tech savvy than I am! :biggrin:

Carolla5501

On the Ice
I read something on social media that it's to do with the ongoing lawsuit from the musicians who were featured in Knierim/Frazier's program last season. Copyright infringement naming Peacock as showing rebroadcasts
I believed this until they did the EXACT same thing for Gymnastics... Hmmm....... I am calling BS on the lawsuit excuse. It's just "we are lazy"
I don’t know. There are lots of very angry people blasting the USFS account on Twitter. Hasn’t done any good so far. I don’t think anyone cares except very dedicated fans (who are USFS should be trying to hang on to iMHO) and the money we are paying Peacocj is only a drop in the bucket. If we were still paying NBC Sports Gold $60 or $70 a year we might have more of a leg to stand on.

I was paying $60 a year. I cancelled ($5 a month x 12 months)

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
I remember I got NBC Sports Gold at the end of the 2019/2020 season. This was right after Worlds were canceled, and I wanted to watch skating (this is when I started to get into it more). They lowered the price to $10 (from $60) and since the next season they switched to Peacock, NBC Sports Gold subscriptions were kept active until April of 2021. So, I paid $10 and got 3 seasons of skating for a year (minus the 2018 Olympics). Insane deal.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I believed this until they did the EXACT same thing for Gymnastics... Hmmm....... I am calling BS on the lawsuit excuse. It's just "we are lazy"

I was paying $60 a year. I cancelled ($5 a month x 12 months)
Ugh, I had no idea they did this for gymnastics. NBCSports and the Olympic Channel are a big loss.

I meant that people were paying $60 a year strictly to watch skating on Sports Gold. Peacock has 13 million paid subscribers. Lets say 250,000 quit due to figure skating, that's not really going to be that noticeable. Unfortunately we will never know the real numbers.so I'm just speculating here.

humbaba

Final Flight
I'm watching a replay of the French Grand Prix women's short program on Peacock. It just showed up on my MyStuff tab. How did this miracle occur?

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
No idea, but it's also only available until 6pm EST from screenshots I've seen on Twitter.
I was excited too to see the replay available. Guess this is a new policy. Yeah, when I click it right now it says there are 6 hours left to watch. Not the best, but better than nothing I suppose!

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Maybe it's not going to be a new thing as I don't see any replay available for rhythm dance. Sigh...

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was going to say maybe enough people had called/written/signed petitions/whatever to make a difference..but..6 hours? Maybe it's a mistake? Like, they didn't mean to do it?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe it's not going to be a new thing as I don't see any replay available for rhythm dance. Sigh...
Honestly I prefer the ISU version, except I can't cast it to my TV without creating a virtual vpn.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I was hoping replays would be available for a few days. Women's SP is the only replay offered and it is only available for 3 more hours. As usual Peacock hasn't given fans any information on this and like @moonvine I wonder if this was a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.