Practice Reports | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Flatt has arrived, but her skates have not---that's why she wasn't at practice.

Kostner has junked her Swan Lake FS and will use her FS from last season.

Wow! that was fast. I am rather disappointed to hear this. Swan Lake was very ambitious for her and i guess she was having to much difficulty playing a character and landing her jumps. I really did not like last year's program...the music bothered me and the dress was hideous.

I hope things turn out OK for Rachel. Things just keep going wrong for the U.S ladies.

AwesomeIce

Match Penalty
Wow! that was fast. I am rather disappointed to hear this. Swan Lake was very ambitious for her and i guess she was having to much difficulty playing a character and landing her jumps. I really did not like last year's program...the music bothered me and the dress was hideous.

I really don't think that Caro's problem has been trying to "play a character" and land her jumps. I think she may have been injured earlier and that is more likely the problem. It can be hard to really "get" a new program and feel comfortable with it when you are injured.

AdamFan

Rinkside
How Rachael handles the situation will reveal a lot about her composure under pressure. This situation can either ease the pressure by not subjecting her to tense practice sessions with her competition and judges, or it could rattle her and make her doubt herself.

Flatt doesn't seem to be the type to allow the mind games to creep in. If she puts down two solid programs here, she should be in good shape for the Worlds and Olympics.

champs

Final Flight
So, any update on Rachael's pair of skates?
What if they actually got lost or don't arrive in time for her SP? I'm really concerned.

Edit: I guess I mistook the time Ladies SP started, I posted this question while probably everyone else is on the pbp thread watching the ladies compete including Rachael :D

Last edited: