Predictions on Worlds in each discipline | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Predictions on Worlds in each discipline

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
With Yuzuru's simplified layout, isn't Javier's TES actually higher?

Yuzuru simplified layout has the highest BV in the field :biggrin:

i am not as good as ms p but here i go with BV (only jumps)
Javi
4T 10,3
4S+3T 14,6
3A 8,5
---
4S 11,55
3F+1lo+3S 11
3Lo 5,61
3Lz+2T 8,03
3T 4,51

74,1 in total

Yuzuru

4S 10,5
4T 10,3
3F 5,3
---
3lz+2T 8,03
3A+3T 13,86
3A+1Lo+3S 14,52
3Lo 5,61
3Lz 6,6

74,72 in total, so even with simplified layout yuzuru's BV is slightly higher :laugh: and if he does 4T+2T instead of 3Lz+2T his BV jumps to 79.45

these of course if they can complete their planned layouts :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Rissa

Record Breaker
^

So with the simplified layout it is almost the same.:scratch: At least in terms of jumps. Man, I wish they both skated cleanly, the protocol comparison fun would go on an on.:biggrin: But then again, it would probaby take a superman to skate them completely cleanly.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
yes, his 2nd half is full of content thats why he has higher BV, it would be amazing to choose the winner among perfect programs not just for these 2 but every skater , but it just impossible, all we can do is wish them for the best :laugh::cheer:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
^

So with the simplified layout it is almost the same.:scratch: At least in terms of jumps. Man, I wish they both skated cleanly, the protocol comparison fun would go on an on.:biggrin: But then again, it would probaby take a superman to skate them completely cleanly.

Javier potentially can score in close range of Yuzuru LP scores if he will go absolutely foot perfect, but it never happened :scratch: On other hand with this layout Yuzuru can score 200 in FP, that could happened in GPF if not that last lutz, because there is still 5 points diffrence between them in total BV for all elements, so there is somewhere diffrence in spins, steps

Last edited:

kinoriH

Final Flight
Pairs- 1. Stolbova Klimov
2. Duhamel Radford
3. Sui Han

Dance- 1. Weaver Poje
2. P/C
3. Cappellinni Lanotte

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I'm guessing:
1) Liza
2) Elena
3) Ashley

I expect Ashley to skate well but I don't think the edge calls will be as generous for her as they were at Nationals. She is also more prone to throw away points on the jumps and spins than the Russians. Liza is very steady in the jumps and I think she is a bit more likely to skate clean than Elena.

tokugawaice

Rinkside
I'm guessing:
1) Liza
2) Elena
3) Ashley

I expect Ashley to skate well but I don't think the edge calls will be as generous for her as they were at Nationals. She is also more prone to throw away points on the jumps and spins than the Russians. Liza is very steady in the jumps and I think she is a bit more likely to skate clean than Elena.

I think part of Nationals is to improve the branding of the top skaters heading into worlds. There were many questionable edge calls w/ Ashley along with some suspect URs :slink: and possibly a PCS boost, which is fine as long as they're not propping up a single skater. Which makes me wonder what they were thinking at Japanese nationals, technical caller was out for blood and didn't see all that much PCS inflation.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I think part of Nationals is to improve the branding of the top skaters heading into worlds. There were many questionable edge calls w/ Ashley along with some suspect URs :slink: and possibly a PCS boost, which is fine as long as they're not propping up a single skater. Which makes me wonder what they were thinking at Japanese nationals, technical caller was out for blood and didn't see all that much PCS inflation.
:think: They think there's no chance of their skaters medalling this year, so they're being harsh to encourage their girls to improve for the future?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I don't think there's NO chance of them medaling. Funny enough, Kanako has never been considered a potential medalist (compared to favourites) at Worlds, but then she usually sets herself up with a strong SP. I do like the tough love, and Hongo has been solid (unfortunately, it's her breakout season, so a medal opportunity is hard, not to mention there's Russians/Americans who score much higher in the PCS dept).

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Men:
1. Hanyu
2. Fernandez
3. Kovtun

Ladies:
1. Radionova
2. Tuktamysheva
3. Wagner

Pairs:
1. D/R
2. S/K
3. K/S (though I'm hoping S/H)

Ice Dance:
1. W/P
2. C/B
3. P/C

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Funny enough, Kanako has never been considered a potential medalist (compared to favourites) at Worlds, but then she usually sets herself up with a strong SP.

True. I sometimes forget that she finished 4th behind Yuna/Caro/Mao just a few years ago so she can compete for the podium. However, I think it would be hard for her to catch the two Russians because they can post scores better than Caro (197) and Mao (196) put up at that Worlds.

jkun

Final Flight
Elena might not have monster jumps but she certainly has bigger jumps than Satoko. Not a fair comparison at all.

I agree. Elena's jumps are not big, compared to say Liza, but they are plenty big compared to Satoko's...

tokugawaice

Rinkside
Satoko may run into obstacles when the puberty monster hits, b/c right now she can rely on her diminutive size to get in those rotations... but once she grows a few inch all bets are off unless she learns to get more height on those jumps.

anyanka

Record Breaker
I have looked through the forum and don't see a prediction thread. I just want your thoughts on who to watch for. I watched Nationals but my sister had just died from cancer and with her last couple of months to live I didn't watch much of any of the Grand Prix and did not watch the GPF. Thanks in advance.

Sorry to hear that. Thoughts and prayers are with your family.

desertskates

Medalist
Ladies--Tuktamysheva, Radianova, Wagner
Men--Fernandez, Hanyu, No idea. But I do think it'll be a big surprise
Pairs--Duhamel/Radford, Stolbova/Klimov, Kavaguti/Smirnov
Dance--Weaver/Poje, Papadakis/Cizeron, Chock/Bates

This is such a tough one to predict on so many levels with the exception of the top two ladies and men. Will be a nail biting event!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
With such an open field for the third podium spot, who would be a big surprise? Jason Brown? Misha Ge? Amodio?

Jason and Misha would be considered huge surprises because they don't have quads, namely. I personally think it comes down to who could execute planned content the best, quad or no.