Rabobank Challenge Cup | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Rabobank Challenge Cup

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Luke Skywalker, as skated by Adam, started off promising (despite the hand on the ice with the second jump in his combination) but had a fall too. But a really wonderful step sequence! 79 something points. Morisi next!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Morisi having a not so good day....skating app. 60 km from Amsterdam where his Sailors are, he had two falls, but recovered to show at least a good 4-3 combination. And he's always nice to watch! But a rather low score because of that bad beginning (not yet 70).

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Good for Gabriele! Despite a step-out after his 3A, I think for the rest a good skate. Not too wild and rushed, as he can sometimes be. He's in second place!

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Bought the live stream.. Slept in for the 1st time in months and missed the men's! Will that be up after the pair's program is over

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
First 3 pairs on the ice for the warm-up: Sara Conti/Nicola Macii, Nika Osipova/Dmitry Epstein and Alexandra Herbikova/Nicolas Roulet. First time to watch Nika and Dmitry, although all unknowing who she was I've seen Nika often enough coaching adult skaters.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Bought the live stream.. Slept in for the 1st time in months and missed the men's! Will that be up after the pair's program is over
Yes. It might take a bit of time (2h or so after the Pairs have finished), but it definitely will be on.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Alexandra and Nicolas kicked off, but not so good. A double twist (I don't know if they can do a triple though), a fall with the SBS double axel (Nicolas), and a fall on the throw.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Not a bad debut at all for Dmitry and Nika. SBS 3 nice and close together, 3 twist okay, slightly two footed landing on the throw, and loss of synchronicity on the SBS spins. As a whole, good looking. Promising. And they've got their minim TES too. Good for them!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Brave, brave girl!!!! Except for the twist (that's where the fall happened), they managed everything else after a 3 minute break. I was crying you know. But it was what she wanted, I heard him saying that to the judges.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Second warm-up group on the ice: Daria/Michel, Dorata and her new partner Pedro, Annika and Robert, and Iouila and Mark,

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Protocols men are up: http://kunstrijden.knsb.nl/2020-2021/20210225/TheH262821_SeniorMen_SP_Scores.pdf

I saw it correctly: Donovan was going for a quad! He got a bit low balled on his axel in my view even if the GOE was positive, but I don't think a higher GOE would have helped him enough. Still sad about this.

And now for my favourite discipline: Pairs SP coming up!
wow Donovan going for a quad and 3 axel. I think this was the right place to try it. Maybe playing it safer tomorrow when he must get the free skate minimum for worlds.