Skating Trivia Game | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Skating Trivia Game

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
CDMM1991 said:
Now for another question: Who is the only female pairs skater to win two Olympic gold medals with two different partners?

Irina Rodnina?

What music did Brian Orser use for his 1988 Olympic free skate?

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Originally Posted by CDMM1991

Now for another question: Who is the only female pairs skater to win two Olympic gold medals with two different partners?

iluvtodd said:
Irina Rodnina?

I believe that Rodnina won three Olympic gold medals with two different partners (one with Ulanov and two with Zaitsev).

Last edited:

antmanb

Record Breaker
hockeyfan228 said:
And now for the question:

Which current skaters are competing in the discipline of their mother, who won multiple world championships?

Now i'm not sure but you might be referring to the Towler-Green sisters in the UK: Candi and Pippa who both compete in Ice-dance (train at Streatham i believe). I know Diane Towler Green was a successful ice dancer but i can't remember if she won multiple world championships...

Ant

antmanb

Record Breaker
antmanb said:
Now i'm not sure but you might be referring to the Towler-Green sisters in the UK: Candi and Pippa who both compete in Ice-dance (train at Streatham i believe). I know Diane Towler Green was a successful ice dancer but i can't remember if she won multiple world championships...

Ant

I've just looked it up and the Towler-Green Sisters definitely fit the bill since mother Diane skated with Bernard Ford to win the world championships 4 times from 1966-1969.

Another bit of trivia that i was surprised at too - Britain swept the podium in 1968 in ice dance!

Ant

Lonewolf

On the Ice
I guess we need a new question:

Who was the first woman to compete in figure skating, and became the first female World and Olympic champion?

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Madge Syers

NEW QUESTION:
A 5 time singles National Champion Bratus' is now a famous coach. Under what name is she better known?

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
iluvtodd said:
What music did Brian Orser use for his 1988 Olympic free skate?

"The Bolt" by Shostakovich. (Didn't have to look up the answer, but did have to look up the spelling of the composer.... :laugh: )

What German skater did Katarina Witt finish ahead of at 94 Euros to get a spot on the German team at Lillehammer?

CDMM1991

Medalist
When was the last year that two or more of the twelve World Championship medallists [in all categories] skated to the same music?

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
This year T/M and Cohen skated to Nino Rota's Romeo and Juliet for their LP's.

Which skaters represented Sweden at 2003 Euros in Malmo?

lisadotdash

Rinkside
attyfan said:
I think it was Kristi Yamaguchi.

What skater(s) attended Harvard Law School?
Wylie was accepted at Harvard but skatingmania took over. He went or is going to MBA school at Harvard I thought.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
hockeyfan228 said:
Which skaters represented Sweden at 2003 Euros in Malmo?

Kristoffer Berntsson and Asa Persson.

What American skater, representing a European country, beat Oksana Bauil in their qualifying group (She was 1st, Oksana was 2nd) at the 93 Euros (the competiton that introduced us to Oksana)?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
This is great, I am learning so much - relatively useless information - trivia, but fun and sometimes it can be insightful via the thoughts it provokes my to research after learning the fact.

I wish the Answer and then a new Question thing kept going though. My questions arn't really that good - so it is kinda a good thing i donn't know many of the answers :yes:

What year was the Katarina Witt rule instated? - yah that was the best to come to mind right now.

Now back to making candy - joy!