2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Pairs FS 11/22 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Pairs FS 11/22

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Good job on the jumps from James/Cipres. A bit out of sync on the combo but no falls!

auser

Record Breaker
How is the ESP stream going for you? It keeps freezing on me every couple of minutes, and I am having to refresh it. But, now the sound is out of sync.

I have the ISU stream on (with Hola) in another window just in case. But, their pictures are even further behind Eurosport's pictures, so I can't mix their pictures with Eurosport's commentary.

Any ideas anybody?

CaroLiza_fan

I can't have both ISU and BESP at the same time due to feeble broadband. So I am just watching BESP. It freezes sometimes, but that is not unusual for me. Its a bit grey outside right now, but I'll trade you some California sunshine for better broadband?:)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES (FRA)

Music: Angels and Demons (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer; Heaven and Hell by Vangelis; Requiem for a Dream (soundtrack) by Clint Mansell

3Tw
3T+2T+2T
3S
BiDs - bit wonky exit
PCoSp3p
5ALi
ChSq
3FTh - hand down
FCCoSp3p
3STh - forward on landing
5BLi
3Li

Small problems with throws, but much stronger than usual

FS: 57.59+56.09 = 113.68 (SB), 167.88 (SB), 1st (out of 4)

Last edited:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Love James / Cipres - another elegant pair. Good for them in front of the home crowd!

ETA: This is the same free skate as last year, right? (not sure I'm remembering that right)

Sackie

Medalist
But with the results the new MT/M are getting this year you have to wonder if she is 2nd guessing her choice to change partners at this time. She and Dylan were skating better in their early comps then she is so far with her new partner.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Alexa and Chris are an attractive though rather generic looking pairs team. She evokes Gracie Gold and this is picky his pants are the wrong shade of black to be complementary with his top. Also I am not sure short sleeves on him is the right look for this program. They need to reach out to the audience more but nice job none the less. So happy for Cipres and James andin FRance - good job. Overall though so far not a super memorable competition for pairs. Still there is hope.

Cyn

On the Ice
Scimeca/Knierem USA
An American In Paris

3Tw nice!
sbs 3s clean
sbs 2a2t landed but out of sync.

seem a bit slow out there

rotational lift also a bit slow, nice positions

throw 3r gorgeous!
sbs camel into sspin, catchfoot, change foot sit, decent unison
lasso lift, very smooth
bobble of some sort on nothing
beautiful of a throw 3f
pair spin, slow rotations
lasso lift, good ice coverage on it
balance lift on his back nice
FIDS, good arch in her back to end.

Overall very good, but they need more speed!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Well good for S/K. I'm not a huge fan of this music selection - just a bit too sweet for me LOL (almost makes my teeth hurt) but I'm sure glad they skated well today. Loved their throws and lifts in particular!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
But with the results the new MT/M are getting this year you have to wonder if she is 2nd guessing her choice to change partners at this time. She and Dylan were skating better in their early comps then she is so far with her new partner.

I was wondering this yesterday. It's got to be a huge undertaking to start over with a new partner.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Alexa and Chris are an attractive though rather generic looking pairs team. She evokes Gracie Gold and this is picky his pants are the wrong shade of black to be complementary with his top. Also I am not sure short sleeves on him is the right look for this program. They need to reach out to the audience more but nice job none the less. So happy for Cipres and James andin FRance - good job. Overall though so far not a super memorable competition for pairs. Still there is hope.

I never noticed this but I'm gonna have to agree! I do think Alexa is more of diva since she does show more reaction when she doesn't have a good skate (see their SC LP).

Cyn

On the Ice
I really like that Chris' shirt and pants are almost exactly like what Gene Kelley wore in AAIP. She, however, needs to wear something similar to Leslie Caron's costumes in it.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Love the American's reactions though I though they were generously marked compared to the French. They don't have the polish, or interpretation and power of the top teams yet. I agree with the poster about MT M - why did she switch??? I know she wanted to skate in more olympics but she should have given Dylan a chance they probably would have broken the Susan Lucci curse and got a medal this year had they stayed together or at least a good chance after being fourth two years in a row (ouch).

Cyn

On the Ice
Wang/Wang
My Fair Lady

Their costumes look like an homage to Davis/White :laugh:

triple twist. v. good
sbs 3t2t
sbs 3s doubled
rot. lift good
FIDS her position needs improvement
chor. seq.
throw 3f good

Grrrrr. Feed Froze and is now out of sync with audio.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Aw, I love the Wang squared! They show SO much joy and I just love how that program breathes.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
How long have Wangs been skating together? He's quite a bit older than her, correct? They just seem to have a bright future so long as his age doesn't become an issue (if I'm even remembering the age thing right).

That's a pretty sugary music selection too, but she is believable in that role. :)