2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Pairs FS 11/22 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Pairs FS 11/22

thoakun

Final Flight
Can't help thinking of D/W but W/W is so elegant, adorable and really feel the music. I feel like their skating has just lightened up the whole arena :love:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
NIce skate from the Wang's ...she so reminds me of a younger Mirai especially at some angles. They had some nice transitions and lifts. Good throws - I didn't like the positoins in the pairs spin but was impressed with their individual spins and their unison. They could be a threat come world's for a medal for sure. A bit surprised they weren't higher than the Americans though.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
How long have Wangs been skating together? He's quite a bit older than her, correct? They just seem to have a bright future so long as his age doesn't become an issue (if I'm even remembering the age thing right).

That's a pretty sugary music selection too, but she is believable in that role. :)

They started skating together in 2012! Surprising, no?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Does anyone know if the Wang's are brother and sister, unrelated, married or what?

The Wangs are unrelated, according to what I read -- in an ISU press release, IIRC.

(Wang is a very common Chinese name. I don't know the Chinese characters for the names of these two, but as a general comment: two completely different Chinese characters can be spelled the same way in Roman letters.)

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Wow! Loved Sui/Han! She sure knows how to bring the :drama::cheer::biggrin: to any program. I totally loved that.

Sackie

Medalist
MT/M may not even make it to worlds this year and that certainly will be a blow to her hopes to get back to another Olympics. If Seguin/Bilodeau skate in SR at Nationals they have the best shot at taking second place in Canada at this point and then there are 3 teams that are pretty close for that 3rd spot. But then of course S/B might get sent to JR worlds since they have a great shot at winning there.

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
I'm so glad that Sui / Han are back. When I first saw them still in juniors I took them to my heart. :love:

Last edited:

humbaba

Final Flight
But with the results the new MT/M are getting this year you have to wonder if she is 2nd guessing her choice to change partners at this time. She and Dylan were skating better in their early comps then she is so far with her new partner.

I was wondering this yesterday. It's got to be a huge undertaking to start over with a new partner.

Kirsten is thinking long term. Dylan is considerably older than her and, IIRC, didn't want to commit to the full Olympic cycle. Better to make the change now and have time to work the kinks out.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Impressive performance from Stolbova/Klimov! This final group was really impressive today!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Love love love RUS S/K free skate as well. Uber :drama: They just look so solid on everything. Love the throw at the end. I also love the way this program builds. Early on I was thinking I liked Sui/Han better but the ending of this program is just Wow. I feel like I went on a ride with them.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
idk why but I feel like Klimov looked a bit out of place with the LP....

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Kirsten is thinking long term. Dylan is considerably older than her and, IIRC, didn't want to commit to the full Olympic cycle. Better to make the change now and have time to work the kinks out.

Got to admire her determination considering how painful this must feel on competition day when she is used to being in another realm. I hope they are successful together.

Sackie

Medalist
Yes but she may not get a chance to make the next Olympics with all the new teams rising up in Canada at the moment. And without 2 strong teams at this years worlds Can may lose it's 3rd spot for another year.