2015 Europeans Pairs Short Program Jan 30 | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2015 Europeans Pairs Short Program Jan 30

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
T/M screwed themselves good with that sloppy SP but i still see a Russian sweep. Clean they can score a lot higher then the Italian or French team.

whatif

Medalist
kawaguti and tcerneshov were so pissed off with those scores. And I do not blame them. This team just can't catch a break even when they nail everything they still do not get appreciation.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
71.38? I actually thought they would broke their sb score.

They didn't, because judging here was indeed fair :biggrin: 71 is the score I can understand. However, I'd rather see K/S getting 75:yes:

whatif

Medalist
I love their enthusiastic and genuine reactions after every high score :sarcasm:

They know that with those scores they have zero chance against D/R next month and it's dangerously close to K/S today. So they are not used to it and they can not afford any mistakes tomorrow.

s_parks

Record Breaker
K/S less than 2 pts. behind S/K, T/M in fifth, and J/C in third. Can't say I saw them coming.

QuadThrow

Medalist
The me the results are ok at all.

S/K ´s SP is one my favourit porgrammes of the season.

K/S did will, but the have always skated only traditional without any modern or progessive influence. I do not like it.

Lota

Record Breaker
I do wonder if T/M can catch up to 3rd place. They skated lights out at Nationals, but that was basically the only time they were even remotely clean with their LP, so who knows. Really looking forward to the fight between the top 2. I like S/K, but I love the Manfred LP, so hopefully that one prevails.

Tanka

On the Ice
The last two pairs were sooo different from each other in their styles. And I loved both.

Bumdid

Record Breaker
What's the chance of Kavaguti/Smirnov's FS to get higher PCS that Stobolva/Klimov? :drama:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I do wonder if T/M can catch up to 3rd place. They skated lights out at Nationals, but that was basically the only time they were even remotely clean with their LP, so who knows. Really looking forward to the fight between the top 2. I like S/K, but I love the Manfred LP, so hopefully that one prevails.

I don't see why not. It's not the French or Italian teams are going to be putting up 130 points in the FS. If T/M go clean they will jump over both of them.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
+1.00 for the step sequence with Ksenia's mistakes and +1.10 for the foot down in the 3T. Sure. :sarcasm:

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Her coach (commentator for the italian broadcast) just said that she never even skated holding hands. And it's believable (maybe just a bit exaggerated) because in italy we have very very veeery few men in figure skating since everybody just goes for football -or soccer, as you want to call it- so usually we just do singles as a start and if the chance arises switch to something else.

Thanks for the info!
Well, that makes their performance even more incredibly awesome!! :)
True about Italian men in Figure Skating... I mean,
Ondrej is originally Czech;
Matteo Guarise was a World Champ in roller blading before switching to figure skating;
Ivan Righini (Bariev) is from Russia (italian mother, her maiden name is Righini);
Paul Bonifacio Parkinson is from Canada
Samuel Contesti is from France;
Karel Zelenka is Czech,...

oh, and... I'm French, PLEASE keep calling it Football! ;)