FSSp
StSq
3Lz+3T - !
3F
LSp
CCoSp3p

Nice skate!

SP: 38.41+27.75 = 66.16 (PB), 1/18

66.16, eh? Almost an evil number. XD Sorry, me and invisiblespiral need proof that Rukavitsyn is a voodoo master. XD

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Congrats, Anni! 58 points, that's a great score :cheer:

iskate

On the Ice
Just caught up on the some of the videos so far...Alisa's spins! :love: Especially the layback! Although in terms of the program, I'm torn between loving her attention to detail and being bothered by some of her movements, at times I found it kind of almost too "busy"...She has so much charisma and charm though!

Also loved Yuna's program. Does she remind anyone else of young Mao (with a different jumping style...Yuna has more power in her jumps, whereas Mao has always been more of a floaty jumper)? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tQ38Mz6QyI <-- I think it's something to do with the blue dress/both skating to music from Wizard of Oz/both Japanese/both amazing, haha. (also, it feels so weird to be discussing Mao and a Yuna who is not Yuna Kim...)

*goes back to lurking*

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think Alisa's PCS are pretty much deserved. Not sure about Yuna, though. But perhaps Serafima's PCS should be higher than she got, yes.
Alisa has the best SP among junior. Her jumps are small, though.
I think her PCS is ok, she's the most lovely skater today.

Leonardo

Final Flight
Serafima got a 60 with a big mistake on her flutz and no jump combination, very interesting. Fedichkina was the most beautiful thing, russian artristry at its best. I don't know if she got a deduction on her flutz (very obvious change to the inside edge), but she was so beautiful and lovely, I can't complain about her 66.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I liked Tessa's skate and her dress - she really has exquisite artistry for a 13 year old (using Ted's word). At first I thought her dress was a lot for her tiny frame but it moved well across the ice.

Too bad about the fall on her combo, but 50 points isn't bad for her first JGP outing.

Last edited:

NaVi

Medalist
Fedichkina was the most beautiful thing, russian artristry at its best. . I don't know if she got a deduction on her flutz (very obvious change to the inside edge),

It's hard to tell from the angle they showed whether she flutzed, but you said this last time and you were wrong then.

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Karen GHEBBARI (MAR)

Music: Memoirs of a Geisha (soundtrack) by John Williams

Blue velvet asian-style dress, pink sash

2A - stepout, looked <<
2F - Rippon
FSSp
2Lo+2T
StSq
LSp
CCoSp3p

SP: 13.17+13.57 = 26.74, 25/29

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Maeva GALLARDA ROSSELL (ESP)

Music: Fever by Peggy Lee; Hey Pachuco (from "The Mask" soundtrack)

Blue/white ombre costume, polka dot skirt. gloves

2A - forward on toe, hangs on
3Lo+COMBO - fall, looked <<
FSSp
2F
CCoSp3p
StSq
LSp

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Alisa has the best SP among junior. Her jumps are small, though.
I think her PCS is ok, she's the most lovely skater today.
I had forgotten what PCS other top ladies got at their GPs. Now I looked them up, and I have to agree that perhaps Alissa's PCS are a bit too high, as no one got over 27 in any of the previous GP events. But then Yuna's PCS are absolutely too high - I think she is not better than Tsurskaya, Sotskova and Mihara.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Just looked at the results.

ALISA WON! :cheer: Good for her, even if it's just the short...also, :disapp: at Sima's score. Did she really have that many mistakes? If so, that is really inflated. :no:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I liked Serafima's program although the benchmark for me is her Sweet and tender beast at her first JGP last year - that was something! Too bad for the fall. I think, 60 in general is quite generous especially in the TES department. Compare that with clean Medvedeva's 62 at Nepela. Either the judges were too strict with Zhenya there or too forgiving with Sima here. If they skated side by side I would not think this relative score would preserve.

I cannot find amusement in Yuna S skating. Do not want to be rude but to me she is yet another version of Satoko with just a better jump technique. But the score is fair if Sima's 60 is fair.

And, of course, Alisa! I liked her program a lot the first time she showed it and I loved it here once and forever. Just a masterpiece. The relative score to other leaders is fair but I would give her much higher relative pcs vs. Yuna. Her choreo and transitions are amazing.

I understand that even if Alisa wins overall and Yuna S is at least the third Alisa misses the final. Too bad - I am realistic: Yuna S is quite solid and stable and in the current field I just cannot imagine that she could lose to anyone but Sima or Alisa. The big question is who is going to win. Alisa will if she makes it clean. Can she? Sima wins if Alisa is not clean and she is. Yuna S wins if both Russians make mistakes and she does not. FS is going to be interesting and nervous for the fans of each of them.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
It's hard to tell from the angle they showed whether she flutzed, but you said this last time and you were wrong then.

To my eyes (watching the jump replay on youtube at 0.25x), not only did the edge look very suspect, but the 3T seemed UR as well. But it is true that the camera angle isn't very helpful and could be misleading. Looking at her TES I doubt she got called on either of the two.

Also, please look at the pre-rotation on the flip... :eek:

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Well, I did not see this coming. She was skating nicely for sure, but I didn't think she was the better Japanese skater in this competition :shocked: And her scores are really close to Alisa!

Last edited: